Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Look: Silk & Stripes



Love the unexpectedness of a casual striped top paired with a silky skirt. Brought out the Chloe Edith bag (which hasn't seen the light of day in over a year!) to bring some structure to the look. I would have worn cuter shoes had I not been on my way to a 1st birthday party with A in tow. Oh..woulda coulda prada! (Does anyone remember that line from Will & Grace?)

 Muji breton striped shirt, White + Warren silk pleated skirt, Aritzia fatigue jacket, Linea Pelle belt, Chloe Edith handbag, Gap City flats


This was my first official "photo shoot" if stopping the car for literally 2 minutes with all the doors open (since baby A was still in her car seat) counts. I was extremely awkward and did not feel comfortable posing at all! I don't know how so many of you fashion bloggers make it look so natural and fun! Any tips?

C (October 24, 2010 at 10:03 PM)  

I've been looking everywhere for a blue and white striped shirt and haven't had any luck. These Muji ones look so great on you and I love how you paired them with a silky, pleated skirt. So feminine!

Couture and Crayons (October 24, 2010 at 10:37 PM)  

That Chloe bag is gorg! Outfit is super cute. Probably after a few times being photographed in public you'll get over the looks. ;) On the rare occasion that I have pics taken in public I just pretend like I'm a tourist. LOL.

Janice (Couture and Crayons)

PearlsAndGreenTea (October 24, 2010 at 10:43 PM)  

Janice: Actually, no one was there but I just felt awkward posing by myself.

tam pham (October 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM)  

what a tres chic outfit! love the stripes paired w/ the skirt, and i'm DYING over that gorgeous bag! xoxo.

Josie (October 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM)  

You are SO adorable! I love the juxtaposition between the top and skirt, and that bag is absolutely STUNNING.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Banhannas (October 25, 2010 at 12:32 AM)  

AH, love the stripes with the creamy peach skirt! It looks so summery but so fall when you paired it with the jacket.

Ella Pretty Blog (October 25, 2010 at 12:37 AM)  

Your pics are great - I'm sure that after a while it will start feeling natural to you (although I don't have personal experience - I freeze up when asked to pose LOL!)

I love the bag and belt combo - and you look so lovely in the 2nd photo!

Jamie-Lee Burns (October 25, 2010 at 1:16 AM)  

You look gorgeous - I love the whole look with the jacket, and I can't believe you don't use that bag more often!

Well.. I use a self timer on my camera so I think I'd look pretty dorky trying to take photos out and about!

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

girl j. (October 25, 2010 at 1:37 AM)  

Love the flats, and I am seriously considering switching from heels to flats, cos, I just can't hack the pain, and I bring my flats with me anyway.. Tory burch is on my list..

Looking fab as ever..

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (October 25, 2010 at 2:20 AM)  

Stripes are casual yet chic. Have fun at the birthday party!

Hilaloeya (October 25, 2010 at 4:20 AM)  

love the stripes! Amazing bag!

xx
www.fashionrnbw.blogspot.com

agnes (October 25, 2010 at 7:49 AM)  

tu est très jolie, et j'adore ton look, ton sac est sublime

Lilly Style (October 25, 2010 at 8:15 AM)  

Totally love your outfit AND that bag!

dr.mommy (October 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM)  

U look good!! Maybe James can do model shoots with u to get more comfy with the camera. He did model shoots for akira and workshops with the davis'. ;)

fshnonmymind (October 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM)  

Oh, I love this look, that skirt is flirty and cute.
Why did you tease me with that Chloe Edith. I've never loved a Chloe bag more than when they produced the Edith. It's one of my favorites.

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

fashion junkie (October 25, 2010 at 10:55 AM)  

You look gorgeous, and the outfit is amazing!! My advice about posing, just let it come natural. Have whoever takes your pictures to catch you while you are doing something so he captures the more natural look, so it doesn't come off as over-done or fake pose. Be silly and have fun. That's what I do. I actually love these photos. You look stunning.

xoxo,
MelRod

TheBabyMammaChronicles (October 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM)  

I love the last photo you look so happy! And the shoes, I actually love them too, but then again, Im a flats kind of girl.

o (October 25, 2010 at 3:32 PM)  

I love this look!! Your Chloe bag is gorgeous! You don't look uncomfortable at all in these shots:) I think they came out great!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Bre (October 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM)  

Coulda woulda Prada made me laugh out loud! I loved Will & Grace and I love your bag! Such a cute outfit. Thanks for stopping by my website.

MUA (October 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM)  

First I think you look really natural on the pics...2nd : that bag , oh , that bag (drooling here !)

Caro xxx

Pamela (October 25, 2010 at 5:51 PM)  

Gorgeous outfit, GORGEOUS bag. Being a new blogger, I am still VERY uncomfortable with taking pictures. Especially in a public venue! You look great!

Call Me Ishmael

Elaine (October 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM)  

Such a great look! I love the stripes, the pleats, the army coat!


www.clothedmuch.com

honey my heart (October 25, 2010 at 8:46 PM)  

great outfit! stripes are such fun to wear :)

Whitney (October 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM)  

I think you did an awesome job for your first time! I am a beginner in the blogging world and can barely work my camera! I hope I improve soon!

Kath (October 26, 2010 at 5:45 PM)  

um, hello - you're gorgeous!! Perfectly posed in a perfect outfit.

Anonymous –  (October 26, 2010 at 7:00 PM)  

Loving the bag + the cute outfit! :) You're gorgeous! xx

Anonymous –  (October 27, 2010 at 9:58 PM)  

You look super cute... and totally comfortable, keep it up with those poses!! I love the outfit too, you look totally comfy but chic too!

Post a Comment