Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pearls, green tea and a good book!

I love to read and I'm in the middle of a really good book (Little Bee by Chris Cleave) but I never seem to find the time or energy to read! Of course, I have time after A goes down but honestly at that point, all I want to do is lay on my couch and watch a lot of really bad tv (think Jersey Shore and Real Housewives.)  

So, I started leaving my book in my car and I've been reading more consistently! A falls asleep a lot in the car so I'll sit and read until she wakes up.

J.Crew double chained mesh bracelet, Triple strand pearl bracelet my MIL made for me, Rebecca Minkoff studded bracelet  

Here, I dropped A off at my in laws but had some time to kill so I stopped into the nearest coffee shop for some much needed "me" time.  A hot cup of green tea, my latest favorite book, and an armful of chunky bracelets make me smile!

What makes you smile?

girl paraphernalia (October 7, 2010 at 3:08 AM)  

My insane amount of green tea- oolong cha drinking self from my "PET" bottle, that makes me smile, cause I know it's for good health and the oolong hopefully helps spare my hips with the fat from the tiramisu I just ate...

stephanie (October 7, 2010 at 8:00 AM)  

I'm with you but with a latte instead. A book, a latte and quiet. Oh the bliss of it.

B F (October 7, 2010 at 8:48 AM)  

"Me" time makes me smile for sure! Then after "Me" time, cuddling up with the babies you missed during your alone time!! I love reading too, it's very relaxing!

Lili (October 7, 2010 at 10:05 AM)  

what makes me smile? a cupcake and a cup of coffee!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress (October 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM)  

That picture is my idea of a little heaven on earth! A wonderful book (I'm currently reading the same book...fabulous women must think alike!!), something warm to drink of a cold day and some AMAZING accessories. Rock it out, Jiye, rock it out!!!!

coolkids (October 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM)  

Love the bracelets. I agree with you I wish I had more time to read. But when the kids go to bed I also wnat to watch some good reality tv and drink a glass of wine.;) That makes me happy. LOL>

TheBabyMammaChronicles (October 7, 2010 at 12:04 PM)  

A good book, a good movie, some reality tv, sometimes exercise, and the little one - especially when she's smiling or laughing.

palmandpineblog (October 7, 2010 at 5:03 PM)  

Love your bracelets hun! You have such great style.

<3, natasha
don't forget to enter my Charlotte Russe giveaway!
twenty-something blog

Roxy Te (October 8, 2010 at 5:14 AM)  

I adore your stacked bracelets and cuffs! C'est chic girl!

Sharda (October 8, 2010 at 11:39 AM)  

We all have that feeling from time to time...your post made me smile:)Like the bracelets, though a rare combination with pearls:)

christiana (October 8, 2010 at 6:45 PM)  

jiye- this makes me smile.. oh how i long for some chunky bracelets, coffee, a book and some me time :)

Post a Comment