Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mommy & Me Look of the Day

Here we are, off to A's dance class.  She absolutely loves it! I'll do a post with more pics of her dance class sometime soon.

On Mommy: Tyler (Filipino brand) ruffle knit top, J Brand black jeans, Gap city flats, Tag Heuer watch, Nashelle initial necklace
On A: Old Navy leotard and ballet flats

In other news, I just started potty training day 1 yesterday! I started after her nap at 2 pm and wasn't expecting much but she peed 4 times and had 0 accidents. Yay!! I'm nervous about what today will bring though. Any tips and suggestions on potty training?

Anonymous –  (October 5, 2010 at 8:32 AM)  

She's so cute in her dance outfit.

More power to you if Audrey is ready for potty training. Most kids aren't ready ready at 1yr and parents might put too much pressure on them (I'm not saying you are). I've always heard that girls train faster than boys.

It helps to ask her, every 30-min (as an example). Be mindful of how much she drinks. If she's conveys to you that she needs to go, even better. Kids don't always tell you if they're playing etc. So try to put her on the potty at regular intervals "maybe some pee" will come (what I'd say to to my kids when they don't want to, and yet, they do need to go). Of course, bring extra clothes with you.

My son is 6.5yo. He started at 2.5yr. He did great for 3-months, then refused to potty or show interest. Started it again at 3yrs when he was ready. He told me he wanted to use the potty. At night, I'd put in in nighttime pull-ups .

My daughter is 3.5yo. Started early this year (my fault for not starting her sooner I'm always tired and doing to much with them), but was trained in a month. No nighttime pullups needed for her. Girls are easier to train, and have stronger bladders. Rarely a nighttime accident.

The Undomestic Mom (October 5, 2010 at 9:19 AM)  

You and A look so cute! R is starting her dance class in a Feb (the places around here wont start until they are 2) Ive been potty training R for the past few months and some days she does great others she has no interest. Let me know your tips!

Tales of a young mamma (October 5, 2010 at 9:33 AM)  

I had Jasper trained in 3 days- but he was also a little over 2- which my pediatrician says is really early for boys. I've met 4 year old boys still not potty trained!! But we did the three day bootcamp- where basically he had to be naked- from the waste down all day (as long as he wasn't napping) and kept giving him water and juice so they have to go potty more often. If he would start peeing on the floor- happened several times- I would quickly put him on the potty which we kept in the playroom, and even if he only got a drop in there I would clap like crazy and give him an m&m. Only took a few times for him to catch on. We never did the pull ups and went straight to underwear, because its easier for them to feel if they go in the underwear vs. a pull up. He had one accident in his underwear and that's it! And that was a year ago!! Goodluck!

Beckerman Girls (October 5, 2010 at 11:16 AM)  

A is soooooooooo gorgeous! she looks like a lil' ballerina! So beautiful like her Mommy!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

http://BeckermanBitePlate.com

Drew (October 5, 2010 at 11:25 AM)  

Aw, what a cute, teeny, tiny ballerina! Love your shirt! Wish I looked half this put together most days...

Roxy Te (October 5, 2010 at 12:09 PM)  

Hooray for a Filipino brand! haha

coolkids (October 5, 2010 at 3:15 PM)  

she is such a cute tiny ballerina! Love it. I did a post awhile back for the tiny ballerinas.:) fun2bkids.blogspot.com
You look great.
I wouldn't it push potty training too much before 2. What worked for us was....cold turkey. No pull ups/diapers etc...just underwear. My daughter was 100% potty trained at 2 1/2.

Couture and Crayons (October 5, 2010 at 3:58 PM)  

So cute in her dance outfit! Wow potty training already! I have heard of other cultures starting early. Around here pre-schools require the child be potty trained, so about 3 years old. I started at about 2.5 years old. The first poster has good tips. I also always bring a change of clothes with me. What worked for me was letting my daughter run around the house with no diapers. I have all hardwoods so it was something that I was able to do. It seems like she was more mindful when she had an accident. Plus once she figured out that she could still go in her Pull Ups it hindered potty training progress.

Good luck!

Janice (Couture and Crayons)

girl japan (October 5, 2010 at 6:46 PM)  

I'm really into ruffles and pin-tucks recent, it has taken over my wardrobe too. I'm a new reader, and I really love the top.

palmandpineblog (October 5, 2010 at 8:39 PM)  

Oh how fun! Your little girls looks so adorable! :)

<3, natasha
enter my Charlotte Russe giveaway!
twenty-something blog

Shelby Bukhenik (October 5, 2010 at 9:02 PM)  

You two look so cute!

I am about to start potty training myself with my two year old girlie! I will take any and all advise as well haha!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (October 6, 2010 at 1:45 AM)  

You guys are too cute! I can't wait to see how you will dress her up next.

TheBabyMammaChronicles (October 6, 2010 at 4:26 PM)  

How adorable! I cant wait until Kaia's old enough for dance!

Katy (October 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM)  

You both are adorable!
xo
Katy

christiana (October 8, 2010 at 6:59 PM)  

eeeek! adorable ballerina outfit for A!!

Lorena (October 12, 2010 at 9:52 AM)  

How very cute !
I am loving that knit top you are wearing... btw.

Post a Comment