Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Summer Shorts in the Winter

Forever21 tank, Ann Taylor Loft sweater, Club Monaco shorts, Linea Pelle belt, Banana Republic bag, Nicole boots, J.Crew and Hermes bracelets

I've been coveting a pair of winter shorts for some time now. Club Monaco currently sells a great pair. Speaking of Club Monaco, I was in the store today and wanted one of everything. Sequin shorts, chiffon dresses, chunky sweaters, boyish blazers...I wanted to spin around and around and revel in the beauty of it all until A yelped for cheese nips bringing me right back down to reality.


Until I get some winter shorts, I brought my summer ones out of storage. I paired it with a cable sweater (from years ago but cable is back baby!), tights, flat boots and a messenger bag.



Love getting mileage out of my summer clothes in the winter! What summer piece are you integrating into your winter wardrobe?

In Kinsey's Closet (December 10, 2010 at 8:34 AM)  

I really like the idea of winter shorts, but I haven't found the right pair yet. These are so cute!

Melissa (December 10, 2010 at 8:39 AM)  

And now I have to go find some winter shorts. You look adorable!!!

Lilly Style (December 10, 2010 at 8:48 AM)  

Love everything about this outfit, you look great!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons (December 10, 2010 at 10:08 AM)  

I REALLY love this outfit! That sweater looks chic and cozy =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

TheBabyMammaChronicles (December 10, 2010 at 11:35 AM)  

Very cute, though I think this is a look I could not pull off!

Louise (December 10, 2010 at 11:42 AM)  

So adorable! I love shorts in winter!

PS- a 'snood' is a scarf-like contraption that you can pull over your head when it's bitterly cold. Kinda like a glorified infinity scarf.

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION (December 10, 2010 at 12:33 PM)  

First off you look fab!! And second, let me just say that Club Monaco is one of my most favorite stores! You know I frequent it when the sales people know me by name...oops! haha. Hope you have a great weekend. xo

MellyB (December 10, 2010 at 1:20 PM)  

I want to be brave and wear shorts in winter! If you can do it in Chicago and looks super cute I can do it here without losing my limbs to frost bite. Super cute!

marcela (December 10, 2010 at 3:33 PM)  

love the bracelet :)
the outfit is nice :)

http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

C (December 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM)  

I love it when trends come back. Great look from head to toe -- I especially love the messenger bag!

20 YORK STREET (December 10, 2010 at 4:07 PM)  

These shorts look fantasstic on you! Thanks for the comment back!

And look at those Hermes bracelets!

Pam (December 10, 2010 at 4:56 PM)  

That is such a cute outfit, I love pairing chunky knitwear with cute shorts and tights. It looks fabulous.

I have a few dresses that are quite thin and when paired with a thick cardigan, tights and boots look great in winter.

Tales of a young mamma (December 10, 2010 at 5:16 PM)  

Love shorts/tights combo. I've been working on incorporating my summer dresses into winter- a little tough in cold CO but I'm determined to wear all over my summer dresses at least once this winter!

milk tea + polkadots (December 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM)  

It was "warm" today. Perfect for some winter shorts. :) I've always liked your BR bag. It's such a classic color and style.

Anonymous –  (December 10, 2010 at 7:51 PM)  

You are looking very stylish...for a mother with Cheese nips in her purse. :)

Ella Pretty Blog (December 10, 2010 at 10:06 PM)  

So cute - I've loved the shorts with tights look ever since I saw Nicole Richie wear it on a red carpet - it looked young and classy. Still - I'd feel really self-conscious with shorts and tights - but it looks perfect and trendy on you!

christiana (December 11, 2010 at 12:10 AM)  

i am in love with your two bracelets and they look hot together!

Erica (December 11, 2010 at 3:41 PM)  

I LOVE layers, so I pull in summer clothes by layering them under cardigans, sweaters, and whatever else I can layer. I feel like it makes my cloest so much bigger.

jules (December 11, 2010 at 7:05 PM)  

I love wearing shorts and tights! It's one of my favorite winter activities!

Kayla (December 11, 2010 at 9:01 PM)  

I have been dying for a pair of winter shorts and now it's a must. I am also obsessed with your bag! Cute blog.


Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Kileen (December 12, 2010 at 9:37 AM)  

beautiful outfit! love the shorts plus tights look and that knit cardigan looks super warm. love it!

cuteandlittle.com

Post a Comment