Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Look: Fair Isle Sweater

 


After searching for months, I finally found a fair isle sweater I liked at Zara. I like the cozy color palette and the roomy fit. It's a great sweater to throw on when running around with A because it's comfortable, warm and on trend. My favorite part are the suede elbow patches! I already liked the sweater on the rack, but once I saw the elbow patches, I was sold!


A wanted to take a pic together on this stool. Here she is in her Gap parka and Old Navy boots.


BTW...a shoutout to Sydney from The Daybook for her tutorial on the bun hairdo I'm sporting. I already wore my hair in a bun a lot prior to watching this but she had some good tips in there that were helpful! Plus, who doesn't love her blog?

So...what's an item you've been searching for? A sequin skirt? A statement necklace? A shearling lined leather jacket (a la Burberry Prorsum)? Any luck? Share your stories!!

Roxy Te (December 1, 2010 at 10:02 PM)  

Hello elbow patches! You had me at the sweater, but it was a done deal when I saw the patches! Crispy pata, mmm :) Are you back yet?

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (December 1, 2010 at 10:02 PM)  

You both look great! I love your sweater :)

LeRae (December 1, 2010 at 10:27 PM)  

You and your little girl is so cute!! I love sweaters with elbow patches~
vanilla with sprinkles

Brooke T (December 1, 2010 at 11:07 PM)  

That's an adorable sweater!! and I love that picture of you and your little one!

Justine (December 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM)  

I really like the elbow patches too! I noticed that a lot of my sweaters, the elbows are almost always the first to go.

Just Better Together
I am going to test my link too.

hmmm (December 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM)  

Check out this rockin mother/daughter high fashion duo! You two are so adorable. So adorable! (I even had to say it twice.)
Love the sweater and the elbow patches.

christine, just bella (December 1, 2010 at 11:23 PM)  

Same here! Love the sweater but am sold by the elbow patches! i will definitely be checking out Zara soon!

Justine (December 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM)  

Hmm, did that link above work? I clicked it and it worked for me. Do you have trouble with all my links I leave in your comments?

Justine
justbettertogether at gmail dot com
Just Better Together

PearlsAndGreenTea (December 1, 2010 at 11:28 PM)  

Justine: no, your links work but when I leave you a comment, my link doesn't work. help!

Anonymous –  (December 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM)  

I miss Zara!!! There aren't any Zaras in Michigan (at least not where I am).

What I'm searching for? Hmm...I'm always on the look out for chunky knit sweaters- usually of the grandma variety, or so I'm told :)

Caley (December 2, 2010 at 12:26 AM)  

Hi Jiya! Thanks for the post on my spider's web photo. You're so sweet. I've never seen your blog before...so I'm glad you posted! I really love your style! I'm glad you gave a shout-out to the Daybook. We were neighbors in Rexburg for a while...she's so sweet and has the coolest blog! Thanks again! {I'm your newest follower!}

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION (December 2, 2010 at 12:31 AM)  

the elbows patches TOTALLY make the sweater! And could she be any cuter in her little parka?! Oh my goodness...xo

Kileen (December 2, 2010 at 12:46 AM)  

I love this sweater!! The fair isle pattern is beautiful and the elbow patches are a definite bonus! Your daughter is too adorable in her little parka. And your top-knot looks gorgeous!

cuteandlittle.com

honey my heart (December 2, 2010 at 3:27 AM)  

such a great sweater! it's so great for the season :)

dr.mommy (December 2, 2010 at 7:38 AM)  

I likey. Was trying to find something similar in a big chunky cardigan style. And I'm a daybook fan, too! I think my hair is too long for the bun though. ;)

foxes & flamingos (December 2, 2010 at 8:27 AM)  

Love the sweater! Love Zara- I cannot wait to be able to start wearing non-maternity soon!

Kelly (December 2, 2010 at 9:23 AM)  

love the sweater! And your daughter is too cute!

Anonymous –  (December 2, 2010 at 9:40 AM)  

You two are so cute!

toothpicks and Q-tips –  (December 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM)  

love the post. keep it going. fighting!

coolkids (December 2, 2010 at 11:10 AM)  

love that sweater in this weather I need one asap! thecoolkidsblog.com

The Lil Baker (December 2, 2010 at 1:37 PM)  

love the outfit! I've been looking for tall over the knee flat boots for slim calves but I haven't had any success.

Do you have any recommendations??

Melissa (December 2, 2010 at 2:40 PM)  

the bun looks awesome. The sweater is my favorite. I've been looking for a smaller figure I still haven't found it yet. Apparently it's not hiding in the donut box.

TheBabyMammaChronicles (December 2, 2010 at 3:31 PM)  

Um yeah, love it! Especially the elbow patches!

stefanietaylor (December 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM)  

LOVE this sweater. The elbow patches make it even more amazing. I just might have to get me one of these! Love the blog!

xoxo

Secondhand Stella (December 2, 2010 at 7:04 PM)  

LOVE your sweater!!!!!!!!!!!! Your daughter is sooooo cute too!!!!

Hana Choi (December 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM)  

love the sweater! we must be on the same wavelength b/c i picked up [yet another] striped sweater w/elbow patches at zara last month.

i love the daybook too! :)

Megan // Honey We're Home (December 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM)  

Such a cute mommy and baby girl!!! She's precious!

Kellie (December 2, 2010 at 11:35 PM)  

Elbow patches, yes! I'm so glad that trend is catching on! I just bought a cardigan last week with elbow patches, and I'm so excited to wear it!

christiana (December 3, 2010 at 12:39 AM)  

love the patches and bun.. and A looks adorable as ever!

Jane Reggievia (December 5, 2010 at 10:18 PM)  

hi, jiye! thanks for commenting my blog, you have a nice blog anyway (:

wow,you are a sooo gorjess mom for your little girl, i love your newa sweater, looks so comfy.
your girl looks adorable! how old is she? :D

mind to follow?
have a nice day (:

-Jane

kristine [kristine. or polly.] (December 10, 2010 at 8:14 AM)  

Oh my, you and your daughter are absolutely adorable!

Kristine. Or Polly

Teresa Fritschi (December 11, 2010 at 8:03 AM)  

Sorry Zara is not Fair Isle. The authentic hand-knit Fair Isle is made by Shetland ladies but everything else is "Fair Isle inspired" - in another word, FAKE. If this were Hermes or Dolce and Gabbana or Alexander McQueen or Ralph Lauren their corporate solicitors would be all over trade mark infringement. But, no, these are elderly ladies whose work inspires the global fashion industry yet who receive absolutely nothing in 'royalties' and as a result of where these items are made 1. adversely impact Britain's economy and 2. are likely to ensure that with this generation a great cultural icon of British fashion resigns itself to museums.

I find it incredible that in our style and label conscious world we've not an iota of reverence for the authentic, the original, the painstakingly crafted (over 100 hours goes into the creation of a single handknit jumper). No other corporate entity but Thistle & Broom offers these pieces of art to wear, most of the products offered (even directly from Fair Isle) are hand-frame knitted rather than handknit.

I wonder if Victoria Beckham understands that when she wears an Alexander McQueen it's a knock-off not the real thing, i.e. authentic Fair Isle. What a difference she might make to the future of this small cottage industry. Sadly, by and large the media continues to cover their advertisers rather than promote octogenarian hand-knitters.

Blogger (December 2, 2016 at 2:56 AM)  

DEXCLUSIVE sells authentic luxury brand name watches, with authentic watches listed with a BIG discount.

Post a Comment