Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Look: Ethnic Influences

Ethnic dress (from my most recent trip to the Philippines), Blazer (from over 7 years ago in Korea), Forever21 studded belt, vintage bag, Hermes bracelet, thrifted bracelet, Cartier Santos watch, Members Only booties


When I was in Manila in November, I found a vendor at a bazaar selling these ethnic, tribal looking pieces. I fell in love with this print, the colors (royal blue and deep red interlaced with all that gold) really stood out to me and made it look expensive. No one has to know it actually cost less than $4. 

To make this ethnic dress current, I paired it with a blazer, a studded belt, a cross body chain link bag, and a fabulous pair of zipper booties.



This look featured a vintage bag and a thrifted bracelet. I used to love going to antique markets and fairs but since becoming a mom, I haven't had many opportunities to go. Most thrift stores and antique markets are not very kid friendly. For you moms out there, what's something you loved doing that you haven't done as much after motherhood?

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION (December 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM)  

Are you seriously kidding, $4??? That dress is spectacular!! I am totally swooning over it...you seriously need to import those and sell them. I will be your first customer!

Tales of a young mamma (December 7, 2010 at 11:26 PM)  

You look Gorgeous! Looove the outfit. Oh boy I Feel like there is so much that I haven't done since becoming a mother..but on the spot it's hard to think! Guess I can't be missing out that much then!

Ella Pretty Blog (December 8, 2010 at 12:01 AM)  

Love your accessories - especially the bracelets and the Cartier watch...it's amazing how the Hermes bracelet goes with anything!

Hmmm...something we don't do as much since having kids...go on city breaks...used to love visiting new cities and checking out museums - but we now tend to go to kid-oriented destinations.

LeRae (December 8, 2010 at 12:08 AM)  

That is a gorgeous dress! for me I haven't gone snowboarding since the time I got pregnant... but I think thats due to moving to korea... hahaha
vanilla with sprinkles

honey my heart (December 8, 2010 at 2:35 AM)  

your dress is absolutely gorgeous. i adore the print on it and details so much.

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (December 8, 2010 at 2:51 AM)  

Love your dress! That shade of gold is really lovely - not too bold but enough to look luxurious.

Anonymous –  (December 8, 2010 at 4:08 AM)  

This is a wonderful outfit and the coloring (gold) is really great on you.

Melissa (December 8, 2010 at 7:11 AM)  

Sleep. And then after that, doing NOTHING, at least for a few minutes.

I miss those things. :)

You look amazing in that dress, I love how you styled it with the belt and blazer!

foxes & flamingos (December 8, 2010 at 7:27 AM)  

I barely have time to blow dry my hair perfectly! I used to love to shop everything- now I really just spend the time in front of the computer between Etsy and Ebay. Boo. I miss the hunt and touching and feeling things. Maybe when Ruby is 5?

Cat (December 8, 2010 at 8:04 AM)  

Love this ethic print...so sophisticated. You look lovely :)

jemina (December 8, 2010 at 8:08 AM)  

What a fabulous way to wear an ethnic print dress, you look spectacular, stunning and original!!!

Kisses
Jemina
xoxo

Kileen (December 8, 2010 at 9:21 AM)  

wow, this dress is gorgeous!! the print is absolutely fabulous and it's very chic. your pictures are also simply amazing and really capture the essence of the outfit. love!!

cuteandlittle.com

Rebecca (December 8, 2010 at 9:36 AM)  

That belt is HOT! You look fantastic. Very chic with a little rocker.

curls-and-pearls (December 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM)  

WOW $4? would have never guessed. You dressed it up so nicely.

Justine (December 8, 2010 at 12:49 PM)  

Wow, I love the print too! Such a great price. How can anyone pass up?!

Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

20 YORK STREET (December 8, 2010 at 1:24 PM)  

Oh, this has got to be one of my top fave outfit of yours! I love it!

p.s. I didn't want to ask, I usually don't but I think this time, I'm just gonna - are you Filipino?

xox

TheBabyMammaChronicles (December 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM)  

I must say I love how well you pair less expensive pieces with classic spendier ones. I must learn this trick better :)

Joy (December 8, 2010 at 2:25 PM)  

That dress is gorgeous!! $4?!! WOW!

And since I've become a mom, I don't think I've gone to the bathroom alone or in peace!! LOL

PearlsAndGreenTea (December 8, 2010 at 2:28 PM)  

20 York Street: HI! No, I'm Korean. I grew up in the Philippines though from age 3-18. :)

temi –  (December 8, 2010 at 4:04 PM)  

You do such a great job of mixing and matching the inexpensive with the expensive! Great look!

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (December 8, 2010 at 8:29 PM)  

Love everything about this outfit! But then again, when don't I love your outfits?

Ashley [Free Honey] (December 8, 2010 at 8:54 PM)  

I love your dress! The fabric looks really nice - not at all like something that cost $4. The print is really pretty too! What a spectacular find.

xoxo, Ashley

Mary Ann (December 8, 2010 at 10:31 PM)  

I love this outfit - you look beautiful!

Unknown (December 8, 2010 at 11:54 PM)  

LOVE this look.. the dress is amazing! and don't even get me started on the shoes...yum...

~selina

simplychic (December 9, 2010 at 11:38 PM)  

i want to steal that dress! actually, i want to steal the whole look. it's perfect.

kristine [kristine. or polly.] (December 10, 2010 at 8:13 AM)  

This outfit is fierce. I can't believe that dress was only $4! You made it look like a million bucks!

Kristine. Or Polly

christiana (December 11, 2010 at 12:15 AM)  

wow less than $4!! amazing! as a mother i miss sleeping in and quite honestly i miss being selfish...

dr.mommy (December 11, 2010 at 9:08 AM)  

love the dress!! as a mom, i sometimes miss just me time...

pinkribbons (December 15, 2010 at 7:54 PM)  

I love your style, great blog :)

Post a Comment