Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Look: Sweatshirt + Frilly Skirt



This skirt (also seen here) is very frilly so I paired it with a very casual, very slouchy, off the shoulder sweatshirt.  The motorcycle boots, studded bracelet, and the bag's chain handles add just a hint of rocker vibe to the look, while still keeping it feminine and pretty.


I am naturally drawn to very girly, very ruffly pieces. If I didn't add some slouchy, edgy pieces into my look, I'd probably look like an 8 year old girl on Easter and be loving it. What looks are you naturally drawn to? Feminine? Androgynous? Classic? Edgy? 

Truly Smitten (December 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM)  

this was such a cute outfit! too bad we didn't have much time to talk at the shower =(.

Glad you liked the xmas ornament card =)

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons (December 6, 2010 at 9:30 AM)  

I loooove slouchy sweatshirts!!! Great idea on pairing it with a super frilly skirt! I really like the combo =)

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Unknown (December 6, 2010 at 10:07 AM)  

i love this combo!

~selina

coolkids (December 6, 2010 at 10:24 AM)  

great look! I have a CUTE giveaway for your little girl.;) thecookidsblog.com

TheBabyMammaChronicles (December 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM)  

Love the look. I, especially, am loving the bag. Good for you for wearing a skirt in the winter. I know that's what tights are for but I'm usually too much of a cold sissy to even do that.

Justine (December 6, 2010 at 12:08 PM)  

I don't know what I am really drawn to. I am still trying to figure that out, but for sure, I am not drawn to the edgy style. I don't think it fits me.


Just Better Together

Sandy a la Mode (December 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM)  

you look soo totally cute!! i love the idea of mixing a skirt w/ a comfy sweatshirt!!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION (December 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM)  

I love the sweatshirt! The simplicity of it goes perfectly with the girlyness of the skirt. xoxo

Beautygirl24 (December 6, 2010 at 2:02 PM)  

I love how you paired the casual top with the fancier skirt. So cute and fresh!

Kileen (December 6, 2010 at 2:05 PM)  

haha, i like your comment about looking like an 8-year old girl at Easter. that's what i would look like everyday if i could too!!

i love the combination of a slouchy sweater paired with this frilly dress. it adds a perfect touch of casualness to it while the off-shoulder look keeps it very chic. lovely!

cuteandlittle.com

Ella Pretty Blog (December 6, 2010 at 2:08 PM)  

I'm very drawn to feminine pieces - ruffles, lace - cream, blush pink...but I'm not good at figuring how to combine edgy with girly - it's a hard balance to master.

Pam (December 6, 2010 at 4:18 PM)  

I love a mixture of styles, I am a huge fan of Japanese clothing styles as well as the rock music, I pull from this a sort of angelic rocker look when I feel like looking a bit different.

Anna Walker (December 6, 2010 at 5:44 PM)  

You dress fabulously!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

C (December 6, 2010 at 6:20 PM)  

You look great. This is totally an outfit I would wear, mixing feminine items with casual ones. I also love these photos, the lighting effect is uber cool.

Anonymous –  (December 6, 2010 at 10:21 PM)  

Definitely love the mix of frilly and edgy. I almost bought that F21 skirt when I saw it online... definitely regretting not doing it now! :)

Kara Endres (December 7, 2010 at 3:59 PM)  

I love this look.. the frilly skirt goes perfect with the sweatshirt for a more casual look. (And your bag is amazing as well!) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

xx Kara
http://sprinklesinsprings.blogspot.com/

dr.mommy (December 7, 2010 at 8:20 PM)  

seriously love slouchy sweatshirt-y shirts including yours! i always thought it was sexy to show a little shoulder - ha! ;) and i think i love all looks except boyish ones - i could never pull that off.

Reyna Meinhardt (December 9, 2010 at 9:46 AM)  

I love this outfit! I agree, I would go with the frilly little girl look at times if I could as well! However, I am drawn towards feminine but classy pieces! I love the slouchy sweater paired with the skirt, great combination!

christiana (December 11, 2010 at 12:23 AM)  

hahah 8 year old girl on easter.. you are so funny! i think i'm drawn to androgynous and edgy!

Unknown (January 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM)  

I love the sweatshirt! The simplicity of it goes perfectly with the girlyness of the skirt.

Awesome Tees

Post a Comment