Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A typical day here in Manila

I've been here in Manila visiting family for the last week or so. A typical day consists of swimming with A in the morning and doing something fun during her nap in the afternoon.
      
Swimming! On the left, you can see my nephew, C (2 months old!) and swimming! My sister got this inflatable neck float made specifically for infants. It goes around their necks and they're free to move their arms and legs in the water. He absolutely loves it in the water!
My A and I were in matching hot pink polka dot bikinis but you can't really see mine here.


And here's my something fun for the day. A was napping so I walked over to the spa a block away for a luxurious 60 minute swedish massage for the equivalent of US $20. LOVE how spa treatments are soo cheap here. Here I am, sweating it out at the sauna beforehand with my new favorite book in tow.


My something fun (while I'm visiting my parents in Manila) is usually either lunch, shopping or the spa. Back to reality in Chicago, my something fun while A naps is watching Oprah or catching up on blogs.  What's something you like to do for fun?

Ella Pretty Blog (November 16, 2010 at 5:47 PM)  

I've never heard of that neck float before - but it sounds like a great idea for infants! Cheap spa treatments sound wonderful - I could use a back massage right about now! My favourite thing to do for fun is go for a walk by myself to the mall...grab a frozen yoghurt or fresh juice and window shop (ok...maybe I end up buying some things I don't need)...but still - every once in a while, it's great to get some alone time :-)

Kileen (November 16, 2010 at 6:19 PM)  

that neck floatie thing looks so cool!! never seen it before but it looks like something i would've totally loved as a kid.

for fun, i love to shop (of course!) and catch up on all my blog reads. my reading list just keeps on growing these days! :)

cuteandlittle.com

Anna Walker (November 16, 2010 at 7:19 PM)  

Wow I have never seen a baby neck floatie before! :)
I bet he enjoyed it! I am so jealous that you got a massage for that cheap, but I am glad you're enjoying your visit!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Unknown (November 16, 2010 at 7:40 PM)  

super duper jealous right now!!! i am freezing my butt off in MI right now! i love to read too... i am a bit of a twilight geek... but most of my down time i spend tearing appart and putting back together old clothes... its so addicting to make old ugly things new and pretty!

~selina

honey my heart (November 16, 2010 at 8:43 PM)  

looks like a lot of fun. how awesome that your little nephew is already a swimmer :)

C (November 16, 2010 at 8:51 PM)  

You guys look like you're having so much fun. The pictures make me wish it was warm here so I could go swimming :)

Anonymous –  (November 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM)  

as corny as it may be i love to do crafty things with my son and watch him make a major mess in the process... makes me smile. and I LOVE that you gals have matching swimsuits... 2 cute :)

syreena

http://mommy-me.squarespace.com

TheBabyMammaChronicles (November 16, 2010 at 9:28 PM)  

Oh my goodness I wouldn't want to leave there! I wish it was warm and swimmy weather here! I so want to live in a place like that! And I love that book by the way. :)

Justine (November 16, 2010 at 11:29 PM)  

Those are super cute swim suits!

And that neck floaty, are you sure that's safe for a 2 month baby? :( I wouldn't want anything to happen to him.

I am glad to hear that he's enjoying the water already.

Just Better Together

Bre (November 16, 2010 at 11:39 PM)  

Such cute pictures! Spa services for $20? I'm there!

Unknown (November 17, 2010 at 6:25 AM)  

Oh, how I would dream of a day like this!! And matching bikinis? Too cute!

alison (semi-fab lane) (November 17, 2010 at 9:55 AM)  

oh, how i wish i were on vacation! that neck floatie is awesome and you two look so cute in your suits!

coolkids (November 17, 2010 at 10:41 AM)  

Looks like a fun vacation! Love the little guy swimming. I need a massage! My something fun is usually watching reality tv, drinking wine, shopping or going out to dinner.
fun2bkids.blogspot.com

Kelly (November 17, 2010 at 10:59 AM)  

That neck float is so cool! I love that you can hit the spa for cheap!

yours truly, melissa (November 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM)  

My mom is from the Philippines and she has a brother that lives there in Manilla with his family. She travels to visit her family every year or so, I haven't been to visit in over 15 years...I have lots of cousins, aunts, uncles, and even my grandmother that I'd love to see. Maybe someday...
Hope you're having a great time!

dr.mommy (November 17, 2010 at 12:09 PM)  

Can't believe u r swimming outdoors! So lucky!! Ur nephew is so cute! I want to c that neck floatee in person! :) miss little A!

Unknown (November 17, 2010 at 6:10 PM)  

omg i love that infant floater thing!

20 YORK STREET (November 18, 2010 at 3:08 PM)  

You have family in Manila? Me too! I was born there actually!

Ah massages in the Philippines are the best! So good and yet so cheap!


besos,

ML
Come say Bonjour at:

20 YORK STREET

Mugdha (November 18, 2010 at 4:08 PM)  

That book was so good! I'd love to be in Manila right now!

Anonymous –  (November 19, 2010 at 6:19 AM)  

hi! i saw you dropped by my 30 for 30 challenge entry and i got led back here. only to see you were in manila visiting family! that's cool. I hope you're enjoying your vacation here :)

Anonymous –  (December 2, 2010 at 9:56 AM)  

how fun! adorable photos!

Fashion Mom (January 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM)  

I wish my girl was so tinny again x
she is 10 now , and I can't dress her like i want :-( x

www.thefashionmom.com

Post a Comment