Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Personal Shopper

This is my second official personal shopping assignment for my #1 and only client, my mom! She lives in the Philippines where shopping isn't the best so she often asks me to shop for her.

This time, I was told to get summery blouses and dresses. I have a hard time spending full price on clothing so I just got her a few items at deep discounts. Here's what I ended up with!

Clockwise from top left

1. Rebecca Taylor work to date dress
$126 (orig $375)

2. Michael by Michael Kors leopard blouse
$23 (orig $99.50)

3. Michael by Michael Kors printed drawstring dress
$67 (orig $149.60)

4. Mia Via watercolor leopard blouse
$ 54 (orig $138)

5. Michael by Michael Kors polka dotted blouse
$19 (orig $79.50)

And just for fun, I got $841.60 worth of merchandise for $289
The total savings = $552.60!!

What's something you got a crazy deal on?

Kileen (November 7, 2010 at 6:57 AM)  

wow, these are great finds!! where did you go to get such great deals?

i'm in love with the polka-dotted blouse. :)

kileen
cuteandlittle.com

Kath (November 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM)  

I love all of your picks!!

Kath

http://www.whataretheywearing.com

Tales of a young mamma (November 7, 2010 at 11:19 AM)  

Good job! I bet it will feel like Christmas when she get's all those goodies!

I just got a pair of FREE $70 jeans at GAP for the gap 10,000 jeans give away thing they had so I'd say that was a pretty good deal. Especially since I was needing another pair of skinny's from there and would have bought them anyway!

FashionableAsians (November 7, 2010 at 11:29 AM)  

wow that Michael Kors polka dotted blouse is a steal! I once bought boots that were orig $130 for only $25, that was a great day haha That's why I never pay full price ;P

TheBabyMammaChronicles (November 7, 2010 at 12:36 PM)  

Well done! The two dresses are my favorites! I love outlet shopping for good deals but really having done much shopping (other than baby shopping) lately!

Lilly Style (November 7, 2010 at 3:46 PM)  

Wow, you found some great deals. Love everything you bought.

PearlsAndGreenTea (November 7, 2010 at 4:23 PM)  

Kileen: I got all the 2 leopard blouses from Nordstrom Rack and everything else from Bloomies. They were having an additional 40% off clearance!

Tales of a young mamma: I really wanted those free jeans but I'm out of the country at the moment! Lucky you!

Fashionable Asians: I loved the polka dotted top too so of course, I got one for myself too! Those boots were a steal!

MUA (November 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM)  

I voted for you !
At the moment I am feeling that I can find so many great bargains going at the back of most stores that I don't even bother with the new collection at full price ...I wear most of the times basics so a basics in clearance stays a basics right ?

Caro xxx

Justine (November 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM)  

You and your mom have great taste! I love the polka dotted top.

Just Better Together

girl j. (November 7, 2010 at 7:31 PM)  

OH MY GOSH.... I have a PS too.. because I'm in Japan, and sometimes I just need my fix from my home of NYC.. clothes...esp those on sale.. the eyes boggle at what I would pay for a MJ here in Tokyo....

Well, if you are taken on clients, let me know.

Anonymous –  (November 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM)  

and just because I "live in the Philippines and shopping isn't the best", i'm gonna unfollow you. ktnksbye!!!

PearlsAndGreenTea (November 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM)  

girl j: Yes. If you are interested, email me at jiyeparklee@gmail.com

Anonymous: I apologize if I've offended you. I love the Philippines (grew up here in Manila for 15 years), love the food, the culture, the people and the local labels. When I say shopping isn't the best, I mean that many brands either aren't available or if they are, they're not at deep discounts like in the States.

yours truly, melissa (November 7, 2010 at 10:21 PM)  

Your mom is going to look fantastic in her new clothes!

agnes (November 8, 2010 at 7:16 AM)  

j'aime tout, surtout le n°5

milk tea + polkadots (November 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM)  

Great deals, Jiye!

How did TOAYM get $70 Gap skinnies for free?! I thought they were only giving away $60 classic bootcut jeans. Lucky!

Kelly (November 8, 2010 at 8:51 PM)  

Beautiful choices!
Thanks for your comment - Happy almost birthday to you too! :) I'm now following - can't wait to read more!

Kelly
dressingmommy.blogspot.com

Anonymous –  (November 8, 2010 at 10:55 PM)  

great job, they're all so lovely.
oh my, my biggest bargain was a skirt at UO that was on sale at $10 with an additional %50 off!

Emma Ann (November 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM)  

I love the 19$ polka dot one! great deals and great style!

Anonymous –  (November 9, 2010 at 4:46 PM)  

wow!! your mom is one lucky lady! these are gorgeous tops. i wish the work to date dress was hanging in my closet!

Ashley J (November 10, 2010 at 8:50 AM)  

You got some great stuff for you mom! I love that blue and white dress.

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

christiana (November 11, 2010 at 12:53 PM)  

amazing deals! i wonder if i tasked you to be my personal shopper.. what pieces you would come up with... hm i might consider for fun.

Post a Comment