Yesterday, a friend (actually a close friend of my sister's) asked me to recommend a statement necklace. I was flattered she was asking me since she's so chic herself but almost immediately, I started thinking of the pieces I wanted to show her. I decided to share some of my favorite statement necklaces with you all as well.
I would say, my all time favorite that I've been lusting after for awhile are the Fallon Classique pieces. They're stunning on their own and work beautifully stacked as well. I love how you can wear something very simple and just add a fun necklace to amp up your look.
Here are some of the ways I would style a statement necklace:
- with a Spring/Summer 2013 appropriate origami skirt and plain white t-shirt
- button down shirt buttoned to the top with the necklace under the collar.
- worn in or vintage tee topped with a motorcycle jacket
- with a simple sheath dress for work
- all white look topped with a silk sports jacket
Honestly, I could go on and on. A statement necklace can go over pretty much anything you have on, as long as it's not too busy already. Do you have a favorite statement necklace? Have you jumped on the stacking necklace bandwagon yet?
Quick tip: If you are planning to stack necklaces, you will need some necklace extenders. If you don't have the tools at home, you can buy some premade extenders on Amazon.