Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

I love a good ballet flat!

UPDATE (9/12): I am very disappointed by the GAP ballet flats! I wore my gold pair for 5 days in a row and they already developed holes on both shoes!! I just went and read reviews online and it seems like other people are having the same problem. I'm going to try to get a refund because a shoe tearing after 5 days is ridiculous! So sorry to people that bought this shoe because of my post. :(

For the last several years, I've been so dependent on Sue London ballet flats.  They're hands down the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.  They fold up in half and come with a little pouch so they're perfect for traveling.  They come in a myriad of gorgeous colors (my favorites being the metallic and tan ones) and are so versatile.
 
Now, here come the buts and there are two of them.  Sue Londons are great but.....at $168 a pop, it's not exactly budget conscious.  The second but (and this is a big one ladies!) is that after about a year of moderate wear, holes develop where the leather meets the sole.  This happened to all 4 pairs of mine and to my sisters as well.  Okay so I realize this should be an obvious deal breaker but I kept going back to them because they were that comfortable.  

Here's a pic of my latest Sue London's in action in SF.
(Mint top, Aritzia cardigan, J brand jeans, Sue London ballet flats)

I hope I have your attention because I'm just getting to the good part.....


Just last week, I found these lookalike ballet flats at Gap for $39.50 (order online today and you get 25% off using code GPLABORDAY)  It actually feels and looks very similar. It also comes with a little pouch and folds in half.  I got so excited that I bought 2 pairs.  Only time will tell whether they are as comfortable but I'm hopeful!

What are the most comfy shoes you've ever owned?

Tina Yoon –  (September 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM)  

very cute.. By far the most comfy shoes I own are my Tod's Fibbietta ballet flats in blue. Though it has a hefty price tag I've been wearing the same ones from '06 and so far so no holes! I will check out the Gaps ones..I love that color!

christiana (September 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM)  

since i'm flat-footed, ballet flats haven't worked for me.. next time i'll try out the sue london flats and let ya know!

PearlsAndGreenTea (September 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM)  

Really? It definitely seems worth the splurge then! They're cute too!!

coolkids (September 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM)  

great post! I will try the gap ones. I love a good flat. Thanks for stopping by! I am following your blog now.:)

chicky*bits (September 3, 2010 at 12:56 PM)  

I'm trying out Corso Como flats for the first time - so far, so good! I like that they come in some many fun colors: http://bit.ly/czQYwk.

Use PEOPLE25 for 25% off and let me know what you think! :D

Truly Smitten (September 3, 2010 at 1:42 PM)  

oooh! I was thinking of investing in a pair of Sue London's earlier this summer but the hefty price kept me back unless I absolutely couldn't find something that looks similar....but this Gap flats look SO like the SL's! Thanks for sharing!! I'm buying it now =)

susie park-lee –  (September 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM)  

i was looking at those but now i'll have to go get 'em! :)

Unknown (September 3, 2010 at 11:11 PM)  

They are great and comfortable! Nina got me a pair of the red ones for my bday back in July! Great for traveling too!

The Undomestic Mom (September 14, 2010 at 10:20 AM)  

I love your style! One of my fav blogs for sure :) off to add you to my sidebar!

Christina Caradona (September 20, 2010 at 8:15 AM)  

I really like this blog, And I have been looking everywhere for these flats!!! Doesn't Amy Winehouse where something similar?

Anonymous –  (March 23, 2012 at 9:15 PM)  

The Gap ballet flats look great but are less than comfy. They have a back seam and nasty elastic that hurts after even the shortest wear. I never even wear mine anymore, unless I want welts in the heels.

elliezabeth (May 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM)  

i've had good luck with yosi samra flats--they come in a great array of colors, fold up, and are significantly less expensive than the sue londons. i'm curious about tieks, too, but that's definitely not a budget option!

Anonymous –  (August 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM)  

I've had the same issues with sue london and i too tried the gap flats (mine ripped the first day). About a year ago i bought my first pair of tieks and now i own 6 pairs. they are much better quality than the sue london slippers and worth every penny. I don't really wear any other flats anymore. My sisters and friends are all addicted to tieks too. If you're on the fence I'd give them a shot!

dress up files (August 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM)  

Thanks! I'm going to have to try the Tieks next!

Post a Comment