Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Snip snip + an oldie but goodie!

I jumped on the big shoulder trend back in the spring. I bought the shirt from ZARA and loved the contrast of the casual t-shirt with the drama of the shoulder pads and the sequins. Unfortunately, the shoulder pads on top of my already sizable shoulders gave me the physique of a linebacker (not the look I was going for.) So, a few days ago, I decided to cut the shoulder pads off and voila! So much more wearable and flattering!

The remains. RIP linebacker look!

 
 Zara t-shirt, Paige denim cutoffs (a Nordstrom Rack find!), Martin & Osa snakeskin sandals, Prada mini backpack circa 2001.

I was thrilled to see that backpacks (think dainty, not sporty) are coming back in style! I used to carry this backpack around to classes almost 10 years ago (oh gosh, has it really been that long?) when I was in college.  So what if my books didn't fit inside? At least I looked cute! ;)  I used to sell a lot of my old bags on ebay so I'm glad I had the foresight to save this one. Especially as a mom on the go, carrying a backpack and being hands free sounds very appealing!

What did you save from back in the day that you are totally loving now?

Lisa –  (September 24, 2010 at 1:04 AM)  

Hi! Recently came across your blog-- it's wonderful! Lots of cool style tips and fun fashions. But I was confused by your post about looking like a linebacker? You look so slim and delicate in all the photos. Could I ask how tall you are? I'm 5'3 and was wondering if some of the styles like Tucker would look the same on me if you're a lot taller. Thanks for blogging!

CoffeeBlooms (September 24, 2010 at 8:08 AM)  

...I didn't save anything yet..but I'm so glad my mom did save her cloths of when she was young...because I love vintage and her old wardrobe is my wonderland !!!! :)

PearlsAndGreenTea (September 24, 2010 at 8:29 AM)  

Lisa: Thanks! I meant that I looked like I had the shoulders of a linebacker with the shoulder pads on the shirt. The picture was taken after I cut them off so it looks normal. :) I'm 5'6. Hope that helps!

CoffeeBlooms: You're so lucky your mom saved stuff. My mom had some ridiculously cute things too but didn't save a thing! :(

Anonymous –  (September 24, 2010 at 8:30 AM)  

I dont think I saved anything wearable.
My prom dress but I cant get in it. :(
It's very Molly Ringwald pink.

PS. I love how you do the baby fashion on your blog. Great idea and she is an adorable little model.

Ashleigh (September 24, 2010 at 9:01 AM)  

Hi Jiye - thanks for stopping by my blog! Always great to find a fellow Chicago blogger :) Loving what I see here and your daughter is such a cutie!! Hope to see you around!

dr.mommy (September 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM)  

my super bell bottom levi jeans - you never know when they'll make a comeback. or not. ;)

Truly Smitten (September 24, 2010 at 9:41 AM)  

It's also my mum's closet for me....she's got vintage LV bag collection and a Burberry trench she wore back when she was 20. She's also got a treasure chest of gorgeous jewelry....and won't let me touch any of it! She said it's for my viewing pleasure only :(. Mean mum.

PearlsAndGreenTea (September 24, 2010 at 2:05 PM)  

Janny: Bell bottoms are back woman!! Bust them out!

Sarah: Drool. I've gotten 1 vintage LV from my mom but she threw out all of the cute clothes! :(

audrey marie (September 24, 2010 at 6:08 PM)  

my chambray shirt!! i can't believe they are back but the more and more i see it i love it!

C (September 24, 2010 at 6:46 PM)  

I can imagine the shoulder pads and I think it looks great without! Definitely more appropriate for the casual look with backpack and flip flops. Great outfit!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin (September 25, 2010 at 5:59 PM)  

I can't believe I'm a decade past college too. Crazy!

christine, just bella (September 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM)  

Glad to see you sent those shoulder pads back to the 80's! lol... everything in moderation, right? I LOVE that shirt!

Barbara von Enger (September 27, 2010 at 3:05 AM)  

Soulder pads can make one look odd - especially if one is delicate and thin. I always remove shoulder pads, too. Reminds me that I have to do so with my winter coat before it gets colder.
Have a nice week and look after your pretty self.
XX

Curvy Petite (September 27, 2010 at 10:21 PM)  

Hi, yes, I do love the H&M top. I initially wanted it when I saw all three of the styles but couldn't find an XS in either of the florals so opted for the animal print one. I wanted it so badly, I went to get it in S, which is loose but that's okay, I still like it!

Post a Comment