Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

First Fridays at the MCA

I love going to First Fridays at the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art).  There are cocktails, Wolfgang Puck hors d'oeuvres, local DJ's, fun activities, and of course, the art! This month, the theme was "The September Issue" so there were fashion inspired activities and booths.  Check out the pictures for some of what we did and saw!

Millinery students' Hat Show

My friend, Mina and I trying on some pretty headgear.

Look at these cool mobiles. The guard in the black (on the right side) is flagging me down to stop taking pictures.  I didn't know pictures weren't allowed in the exhibit. Oops!

There was a DIY creation station where people made headbands, bracelets, gloves, etc. We passed. 

The crowd mingling and enjoying the hor d'oeuvres.

This was at the fashion photo booth where there were all kinds of costumes. We couldn't figure out whose head this was. Any ideas?

Aritzia military jacket, sequin mini (actually a tube top from Nordstrom Rack that I use as a skirt), vintage Louis Vuitton cross body bag (from my mother), Rebecca Minkoff studded bracelet

 Oh and we were photographed for Chicago Tribune's website! Click here and find us at #20.

If you live in the Chicago area and haven't been, I definitely recommend checking this event out with a girlfriend or two.  It's a fun girls night out! Click here for more info on the event!

The Undomestic Mom (September 14, 2010 at 10:14 AM)  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your outfit! I would love to get that san fran/nappa information from you. Im not sure if my husband has the google thing so I will check with him...Im so not computer saavy! Thank you so much!

Amber (September 14, 2010 at 11:57 AM)  

how fun! Those hats are awesome and that mask is so cool! Reminds me of an episode from American Pickers

Roxy Te (September 14, 2010 at 1:58 PM)  

I adore your outfit! Classic but yet on trend with the military and sequins. Also, thanks so much for the tip on those steel cut oats! p.s Don't you love bulgogi?! I thought I was going to turn into it and kimchi I ate so much during my trip haha

STYLE'N (September 14, 2010 at 5:36 PM)  

You guys look awesome and what a fun event! Ok and your outfit is perfect....
naina

Lisa Lisa Lisa (September 14, 2010 at 10:57 PM)  

This looks awesome!!! It makes me want to live closer to a big city. You two are so chic!! And the bag from your mother? Amazing!

Post a Comment