Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tucker for Target

I've been a Tucker by Gaby Basora fan for a while now.  I love her classic belted dresses and blouses in flowy fabrics that hide any flaws (perfect for mommies!)  When my daughter turned 1, I splurged on a Tucker dress in the most beautiful printed silk crepe de chine.  The silhouette and print is timeless and I hope to wear it for many years to come. 


So needless to say, I was super excited for the Tucker for Target line to hit stores this past Sunday! I tried on pretty much everything and I found several things I liked.  As expected, the quality of the fabrics are nowhere near as luxurious but the fit (on most items) were comparable.
Here is what I walked out with. There are doubles of things because I snagged some items for my sister who lives in Singapore and doesn't have access to these sales.

My favorite piece was the floral dress in the middle and left.  Adorable in the summer with my perfect sandals from Greece and chic in the fall with motorcycle boots and a chunky cardigan.  Totally worth it for $34.99!


This was the dress I wanted to try on the most but they didn't carry it at the Target I was at. Did anyone see this in person? 

The collection is still available online and you might want to check out your local Target as well. What's been your favorite Target collaboration so far? I would have to say Tucker and Cynthia Vincent!

coolkids (September 16, 2010 at 9:10 AM)  

great choices! I adore that dress too. I go to Target almost daily but not this week!! I need to go there today.:)

Sunny –  (September 16, 2010 at 10:11 AM)  

haha I got that navy top not knowing what a tucker is! I'm so not with it with fashion.

milk tea + polkadots (September 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM)  

hehe..sunny. :) oy...how are you so on top of these designer for Target sale dates?? what size dresses did you fit? xs or small?

Banhannas (September 16, 2010 at 10:22 AM)  

Like Sunny said, I don't know who Tucker is...I don't understand it. LOL. I must say that I am loving the print, it is so floral and fun!!! Omg, I do have to add that you have the most adorable baby. SO CUTE and you are Korean too! I'm guessing the picture was taken during the first year bday. =0D

Tina Chong (September 16, 2010 at 10:45 AM)  

That silk dress is stunning on you Jiye! I love it.. I tried on a Tucker dress at Target and perhaps it fits taller gals like you better. I felt a bit frumpy in it.

I hear Lanvin is collaborating with H&M next month. Should be very exciting!

Drew (September 16, 2010 at 12:37 PM)  

So cute! Love the dress... Now I just need to get myself to Target sometime soon...

Truly Smitten (September 16, 2010 at 1:16 PM)  

I agree with Chris...tried them all on in xs but felt frumpy in them. I definitely think taller girls make them look cute! I did try on the last dress you were looking for, but again...the frump factor :(

Tales of a young mamma (September 16, 2010 at 2:49 PM)  

I just bought two Tucker for Target dresses on Tuesday--loove them and think they will look Super cute for fall with boots and a cardigan. Love your picks!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (September 16, 2010 at 3:54 PM)  

Nice! I'm checking it out for my next Target visit, which is so so so overdo!

chicky*bits (September 16, 2010 at 6:28 PM)  

Girl, we are so on the same wavelength - I wanted the navy diamond dress so badly I ordered the medium (small sold out), but it just ended up looking lumpy/frumpy... so I returned it, but I'm waiting for them to re-stock (if they ever do!).

Instead I got the SAME blue floral print dress and a short-sleeve tie-front blouse. Everything else was sold out/out of sizes. Please model some of these for us! xo

Punctuation Mark (September 16, 2010 at 8:49 PM)  

need to hit my local store ASAP... thanks for the note!

Nicki (September 17, 2010 at 7:07 AM)  

That's so sweet of you to snag some of these designs for your sister! :] I love all the patterns!

PearlsAndGreenTea (September 17, 2010 at 7:57 AM)  

Sunny: That means you have good taste! :)

Cindy: I got s for some and xs for others. They had ads for this brand in a lot of magazines and they all had the release date on them! :)

Christina: Which Christina are you? :) You know my name so it's someone I know in real life..Christina Beck?

Sarah: Really? I didn't think they were frump at all...Maybe if you shortened the hemlines?

milk tea + polkadots (September 17, 2010 at 8:57 AM)  

I tried on the diamond print dress in S and XS, and they were too baggy! :( Looked like I was wearing a potato sack! Sad.

temi –  (September 17, 2010 at 10:27 AM)  

I don't think they look frumpy at all if you belt them correctly. I think Tucker's known for the airy, blouson look. Target/designer collaborations rock! The Cynthia Vincent one was my favorite too!

PearlsAndGreenTea (September 17, 2010 at 11:57 AM)  

Cindy: When you texted me yesterday, I thought you said they only had the S in the diamond dress! I told you I wanted the xs....:( I wish you had picked it up for me!!

dr.mommy (September 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM)  

haha i didn't know this designer when i bought one of the dresses, too! i love to find inexpensive finds at target :) - janny

Unknown (September 18, 2010 at 8:05 PM)  

I am dying to check these out in person...love the Tucker line!

steph (September 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM)  

the target i went to didn't have this line. weird. they were just looking at me like i was retarded. oh well, at least i scored some online. hehe.

Justine (October 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM)  

I really wanted to get the small floral print dress, but they sold out in my size when I got there.

Just Better Together

Post a Comment