Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

An Art Fest & a Tantrum


Last week, hubbie and I ventured out to the Bucktown Art Fest with toddler and pug in tow.  This fest takes place literally 2 blocks from our place so it's one we go to each year.  We enjoy strolling in and out of the stalls, listening to local bands, and eating oh so bad (but oh so good) fest food! 

Here I am feeding A a well rounded, nutritious dinner of corndogs and lemonade. ;)

A had a ton of fun dancing and running around at the fest.  Before we knew it, it was bedtime and I was trying to get her back into the trike, with very little success.  Here I am being "nice mommy" trying to coax her gently into sitting down.  A is standing straight as a pole, refusing to bend her legs to get in and avoiding eye contact.  I have one stubborn girl on my hands!

When the "nice mommy" tactics failed me, I grabbed her hands and gave her a dose of my "angry eyes". 

She finally caved but not without showing me who was boss with a tantrum in front of a crowd no less!

What are some of your favorite tantrum stories? Please share so we can commiserate together!

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (September 8, 2010 at 7:32 AM)  

Oh my goodness, your little one is s adorable! Even while throwing a tantrum :)

Amber's Notebook (September 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM)  

omg that last picture is CLASSIC! Love it! You are such a cute mom!

coolkids (September 9, 2010 at 9:58 AM)  

I am a new follower...we used to live in that area too! right off of division and hermitage. I love love Bucktown. awww yes the good ol tantrum. I remember being in Macy's and trying to get my daughter's winter coat on her....she was lying on the floor screaming. good times. I have a one year old and I am dreading his tantrums!

Shannon (September 10, 2010 at 8:23 PM)  

Great pictures...love ones when our wee ones aren't cooperating, after all that's life! My hubs and I were supposed to make a trip to Chicago this August but he came down with a bug and we were forced to cancel. Hope to make it there soon though, heard it's a great city! My friend went to Oprah last year. She saw the safety tips episode. Sounds like yours was much more fun!

Anonymous –  (September 15, 2010 at 8:49 AM)  

Love these tantrum pictures! She's a doll, even amidst a tantrum, lol!

Post a Comment