Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sparkle!

Theory coat, J.Crew skirt, Banana Republic sweater, Members Only booties, Balenciaga bag, J.Crew necklace

I love sequins on anything these days. I think the key to wearing them without looking like you're headed to a new years eve party all over again is to downplay it with something casual or preppy. I paired this sequin skirt with a super soft, slouchy sweater to downplay the sparkle. Click here to see the skirt worn preppy.

I really wanted to get the sequin jacket from Gap but it felt too dramatic and glam for my lifestyle. Love it though! Did you jump on the sequin bandwagon?  

Oh and hubbie's black tie event is coming up tomorrow! I finally get to wear the dress you all voted on here. I'm debating on hair up or down...what do you think?

Melissa (January 28, 2011 at 5:51 AM)  

You are gorgeous! I really love that necklace!

My vote is for hair down, just because the dress is strapless so it won't cover anything. You're going to SHINE! :)

N –  (January 28, 2011 at 8:10 AM)  

what about wearing it down and curled like you did not too long ago?

milk tea + polkadots (January 28, 2011 at 8:43 AM)  

Very pretty coat! Where were you off to?

milkteaandpolkadots.blogspot.com

stephanie (January 28, 2011 at 9:02 AM)  

Love the bag! You're always so cute!

Carol (January 28, 2011 at 9:40 AM)  

I love sequins too. I do in fact have a silver sequin jacket and may one day do an outfit post as I quite like to wear it during the day to cheer everyone up! Thank you for reminding me about it:)

Carol x
www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

Anonymous –  (January 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM)  

I totally considered the gap sequined jacket...but it was just a tad too sparkly! wouldn't get enough wear. i love how you're wearing sparkles here...just a touch without being too over the top ;)

i love your hair down with a bit of curl...but going to see the dress to give you an educated opinion...haha.

xo,
joAnn

Anonymous –  (January 28, 2011 at 10:58 AM)  

i stick by my original...hair down with curl! can't wait to see pics!

Monroe Steele (January 28, 2011 at 12:41 PM)  

Ohhh love the coat and the necklace...you look so elegant! visit me soon

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Justine (January 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM)  

I like the way you wore the shimmer shimmer!

Just Better Together
come check out my giveaway

Justine (January 28, 2011 at 1:16 PM)  

btw, I think you should wear your hair down, but half up ...hmm now i am thinking up. I wish I could choose!

Just Better Together
come check out my giveaway

dr.mommy (January 28, 2011 at 3:37 PM)  

Lovin the sequins this season! I say hair down for romance or hair up for elegance. Just do both - hehe!

Marella (January 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM)  

You look gorgeous dear! Have a happy week end! <3

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne (January 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM)  

Oh my goodness! you look darling. I stumbled upon your blog through JoAnn's blog (i'd rather be shopping) and I'm so happy to find your blog.

I'm a new mom trying get back in touch with reality and so I just started my own blog this week (literally!) Would love you have you come visit me. :)

Love to see more of your post!

xo, Jeanne
www.ShopSweetThings.com

style fare (January 28, 2011 at 7:55 PM)  

hello my pretty chingoo... i say, go for up - how often do you have an excuse for an elegant up do?

although if you did some nice soft waves (for a 1-shoulder look), that would be kind of sexy too. sorry, i am no help! :)

PearlsAndGreenTea (January 28, 2011 at 8:14 PM)  

milk tea: Thanks! I got the coat years ago but rarely get to wear it. We took my cousins out to dinner at Avec.

Lilly Style (January 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM)  

You look beautiful! LOVE the coat.

cryskay (January 29, 2011 at 2:25 AM)  

i love your outfit but i realllllllly love the coat. its amazing. xo

Mommy Chic (February 3, 2011 at 8:08 PM)  

I accidentally clicked on your name in Kendi's blog, but glad I did. :) Cute outfit here - I love anything sequins and J. Crew! And Theory and Balenciaga! Well, you pretty much just summed up my wardrobe (with a little bit of Forever 21 mixed in)!

mommy-chic.blogspot.com

Savannah (February 6, 2011 at 10:56 PM)  

I love everything about this outfit. The sparkle is too cute for words.

savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

christiana (February 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM)  

why are you so cute and i love this outfit!

Post a Comment