Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

30th Birthday Part 1

 I blogged about turning 30 here and wanted to update with some pics of the day. Little A sang happy birthday to me about 35 times in the course of the week. She loves singing happy birthday and then blowing out the candle. Here we are at grandma's where she slept for the night.

Met up with some girlfriends for lunch. Bubbly in the middle of the day? Why not? It is my birthday!

Back with hubbie, we checked into the Elysian. They upgraded us to a suite for my birthday! I loved the dramatic black doors, the textured wallpaper, and the gorgeous crystal chandeliers everywhere!

On our staycation last year, the Wit hotel sent us up a bottle of champagne. This year, a yummy dessert!

Relaxing after lunch. Not used to bubbly in the middle of the day..

The room was beautiful and quite large!

The bathrooms were exquisite. I wish I could show you the tile work on the floor in the center of the bathroom. It was amazing! I love the white lines against the dark wood.

Yes, you just saw this outfit yesterday. I wore it again. Why not? It is my birthday!

 
Hubbie and I spent the rest of the afternoon strolling on Michigan, shopping. He detests shopping so this was such a nice treat for me! Then, he surprised me with massages at a spa! He knows I die for massages. What a sweet hubbie!
More pics to come tomorrow of the rest of our night...

What's something you love to do that your sig-o detests? Share your stories!

LeRae (January 4, 2011 at 5:27 AM)  

Happy Birthday! looks like you had a fabulous day~

Ramsey (January 4, 2011 at 8:03 AM)  

Wow wow...what an amazing birthday! Everything is so beautiful!! Why don't you give boyfriend some tips for me? I kid, he's good. Hurry up June! Happy Birthday!!!

stephanie (January 4, 2011 at 8:14 AM)  

What a fun birthday! The hotel is beautiful!!

Tales of a young mamma (January 4, 2011 at 9:03 AM)  

How sweet! Sounds like a perfect birthday!

Mine also detests shopping- but as it is I prefer to go with out him anyway! ha.

Elle (January 4, 2011 at 9:03 AM)  

Happy belated birthday, it looks amazing (so very lovely). Nothing better than spending time with family and friends on your birthday. :)

Everything looks fabulous!

Fast Food & Fast Fashion

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries (January 4, 2011 at 9:30 AM)  

What an amazing birthday!!! Mine was two weeks ago but didnt even come close to your experience! :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR DARLING!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

P.S: I'm having a 2011 Fashion tote giveaway with Chanel, MiuMiu.. etc illustrations... I thought you might be interested! ;)

coolkids (January 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM)  

Looks like a fab birthday! My husband hates chick flicks.:) I have a great giveaway for chicago and LA area people today! Make sure you stop by. thecoolkidsblog.com

Roxy Te (January 4, 2011 at 10:43 AM)  

So fabulous, Jiye! Of course your outfit rocks as always! Your hubs is such a good sport :)

Rhiannon Bosse (January 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM)  

Happy Happy Birthday Jiye!! That hotel is beautiful as are you!! And I am in Chicago too :) We should meet up sometime hehe wheee!! Sarah and I from Truly Smitten want to plan a bloggers meet up!! Enjoy the New Year so far lovely xoxox

TheBabyMammaChronicles (January 4, 2011 at 11:55 AM)  

What a lovely, perfect day! And your little family is so beautiful! Love that 1st shot.

In Kinsey's Closet (January 4, 2011 at 1:14 PM)  

Wow, it looks like you had a great time! That hotel looks AMAZING!

Lili (January 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM)  

glad you had a fab time! belated happy birthday!

kaydoubleyou (January 4, 2011 at 5:47 PM)  

happy birthday! i hope you had a good one!

style fare (January 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM)  

Very nice! That hotel looks like it could be your home - you should move in. ;)

curls-and-pearls (January 4, 2011 at 7:11 PM)  

Beautiful family :) Happy Birthday! My husband hates all the music I listen to LOL but he will allow me to sing to my hearts content while we're on a road trip :P

PearlsAndGreenTea (January 5, 2011 at 12:06 AM)  

Tales of a young mamma: I agree..I prefer to shop w/o hubbie when I'm shopping for myself. When we shop together, we just look for his things or gifts.

Rhiannon: Would totally be up for it!

curls and pearls: Hilarious! I love singing in the car!

christiana (January 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM)  

you had an amazing 3-0! hm what do i like to do that bob detests... he used to hate oprah but recently he's ended up watching a couple shows with me!

Post a Comment