Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughtful Gifts

Last post about my birthday, I swear!! Haha...I know I'm really dragging this out! Anyway, this year, I got a lot of great gifts from my girlfriends. Mostly all clothes, of course! :) I won't post them here since you'll probably see me wearing them in future posts anyway but I wanted to share 2 really thoughtful, non-clothing gifts I received.

A dear friend who shares my obsession with Lauren Conrad got me her book! I love LC's (does anyone call her that anymore?) very wearable, feminine, always classic and put together style. And, she also made me a portfolio for this blog! I was super touched! Thanks hun!

I got an amazing package from another bestie who lives in New York. As soon as I opened it, I gasped. Love all the beautiful paper and packaging!

She wrote that she wanted to celebrate my body, mind, and soul so there's a little of everything (a modern take on a friendship bracelet- she has one too!), exquisite fleur de sel dark chocolate, a personalized journal, some favorite books from her collection, soaps that truly are too pretty to use (ever), and of course some green tea. It felt like Christmas morning going through each item!

This particular friend has amazing taste in food, fashion and friends (HA!). Check out her new blog here.

What's a thoughtful gift you've received or given?

Kelly (January 6, 2011 at 6:20 AM)  

What beautiful and thoughtful gifts!

Nicole (January 6, 2011 at 8:34 AM)  

Those are some amazing gifts!

-NICOLE from nicolexoo.blogspot.com

Elle (January 6, 2011 at 8:41 AM)  

Your friends are SOO sweet, what lovely gifts and so much thought went into them.

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (January 6, 2011 at 8:51 AM)  

Aw those are great gifts! I love when people put real thought into the gifts they give. Sounds like you had an amazing birthday :)

Ella Pretty Blog (January 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM)  

I have LC's book - and I love it - I've not seen a single episode of the Hills - but I love her style...was glad to read all her tips (and her make-up always looks amazing).

I've recently gotten into Lindt chocolate with sea salt - oh so yummy!

I like planning "days of fun" for birthdays - especially for hubby - he never knows what is planned - one year it was a surprise dinner party and a comedy club, another time it was dinner at the Savoy - and last year it was a day at the spa...but I'm stumped this year!

temi –  (January 6, 2011 at 10:21 AM)  

Last year at my bday dinner, a lovely friend named Jiye =) surprised me with a box. I wasn't expecting anything. When I opened it, it was the Dior Airflash foundation. I absolutely love Dior Airflash, but she knew I had to switch to cheap drugstore brands because it was so expensive. I was so touched that I burst into tears. That and a pink cup that another friend made are some of my favorite thoughtful gifts.

milk tea + polkadots (January 6, 2011 at 12:35 PM)  

Wow, a portfolio of your blog photos? How sweet! The second gift is so pretty! I can never bear to use pretty soaps either. :)

The sweetest, most thoughtful gift was given to me for my 30th bday. My friend sent me a huge box filled with 30 gifts (big and small)! It included handmade greeting cards, necessities that I always keep in my purse like chapstick and tissue, and a pair of J.Crew wedges!

Anonymous –  (January 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM)  

Great gifts, wanna have the style book of Lauren Conrad! x

Erin (January 6, 2011 at 4:04 PM)  

Wow! Your friend has great taste :)

TheBabyMammaChronicles (January 6, 2011 at 4:16 PM)  

Jiye, what awesome gifts and awesome friends you have :)

Abby (January 6, 2011 at 4:56 PM)  

Those presents are so pretty and thoughtful! Happy birthday from a new a reader!

Craftiness NOW (January 6, 2011 at 6:39 PM)  

awww lovely presents, happy birthday! drag it out as long as you want, 30 only comes once ;-)

style fare (January 6, 2011 at 6:46 PM)  

Happy birthday to a dear, dear friend! :)

I want to see that portfolio, how awesome!

BTW, check out the dress LC wore to the CoverGirl bash last night - I need it!!

C (January 6, 2011 at 7:07 PM)  

I love LC. So sad she's not on TV anymore, but I still stalk her through paparazzi pics lol. Definitely one of my style icons. These are great gifts from your gfs!

Justine (January 6, 2011 at 7:53 PM)  

Chinese Cinderella is a great book! And I love putting fancy, nice smelling packaged soaps in my sweater drawer and closet. Keeping things smelling nice.

One of my favorite gifts is a pair of noise canceling headphones I got from my boyfriend. I cannot study if there is something as quiet as the buzzing sound that comes from the lights or even the fridge.

Just Better Together

em.me.ma (January 6, 2011 at 8:19 PM)  

awww your friends sooo nice!!

Tima (January 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM)  

That's really sweet of your friends!! I think I read LC's book in like two days. Also thanks for stopping by my blog.

Bows and Lavender Lips

dr.mommy (January 7, 2011 at 7:23 AM)  

How sweet!! I thought I was the only one who loved LC's style! Haha. But when I saw them film the hills in LA I was so sad how unreal it was!

christiana (January 11, 2011 at 4:29 PM)  

lol pink cup... wow these are amazing gifts and also display how sophisticated and classy your friends are!! you must feel so loved!

Post a Comment