Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Christmas Day

I took a break over the holidays so I'm just getting a chance to post about Christmas now. We celebrated with the in-laws on the eve, which left Christmas Day for the 3 of us to have family time at home. Here's how we spent our day...

A pic in front of the tree with our matching pj's. I found a pretty close match for A and hubbie (Lands End & Old Navy respectively) but mine were pretty off (Target). Oh well!

We put a bow on the greatest gift of all, while she opened her gifts.

Last year was my first as a mom and I wanted to start a tradition for Christmas. I decided on sticky buns every Christmas morning. So last year, I made them using the Barefoot Contessa's shortcut method (puff pastry sheets). It was pretty good but this year, I wanted to challenge myself by making sticky buns from scratch. HA! It was a complete disaster! I know I made at least 1 big mistake...hubbie, don't say a word!! If you have a good, idiot-proof recipe for sticky buns, please send my way.

After eating some bready sticky buns, we headed out to the park to build a snowman. It was a first experience for both A and myself!

Posing with Mr. Snowman! She was annoyed that I made her stop running to pose with the guy.

Bidding the snowman farewell..

Hmm...I think you're a little big for that pack & play.

Back at home, we played with all of A's new toys and got dinner ready for some good friends that come over every Christmas. It was a lovely day! How did you spend your Christmas?

stephanie (January 7, 2011 at 7:59 AM)  

Seems like a perfect Christmas to me! Check out the pioneer womans recipe for cinnamon, I've made them a ton and they always turn out!

stephanie (January 7, 2011 at 8:00 AM)  

Cinnamon rolls I meant to say!

Abby (January 7, 2011 at 8:21 AM)  

Your daughter is so cute! My mom makes cinnamon buns for my birthday every year. I wonder how she does it...

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (January 7, 2011 at 8:40 AM)  

Oh my goodness, those first two photos are too precious for words!

Rhiannon Bosse (January 7, 2011 at 8:50 AM)  

Your little girl is just adorable!! And such a cute first Christmas, you will treasure these photos forever :) I have to check out this fabulous hotel you speak of. Thanks love and Happy Friday!! xo

Kelly (January 7, 2011 at 9:23 AM)  

What a great time! You all look so cute in your matching jammies!

coolkids (January 7, 2011 at 9:45 AM)  

she is one cute little girl!

Ripped Jeans (January 7, 2011 at 10:25 AM)  

you and your family are so precious! and i love your outfits as well

Unknown (January 7, 2011 at 1:00 PM)  

i LOVE how the whole family matched! and your little one is such a beauty!!!

~selina

Secondhand Stella (January 7, 2011 at 1:39 PM)  

Your daughter is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!

Natalie (January 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM)  

Sounds like a perfect day. Your little girl is just precious!

TheBabyMammaChronicles (January 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM)  

OK, I want matching PJs for us all now! How cute! And Daddy and As pants look exactly the same, what an awesome find!

marcela (January 7, 2011 at 4:46 PM)  

ooooooh you guuuuuuys are soooo cute.
the pajamas are awesome ... :)
great pics

http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

Fashion Mom (January 7, 2011 at 5:59 PM)  

your little girl is so cuuuuute !! x

www.thefashionmom.com

Sherry Lou Studio (January 8, 2011 at 4:07 PM)  

beautiful photos! you guys are too cute ! :)


love
sherry

Grumpmaster Flash (January 9, 2011 at 7:52 AM)  

aaaw, you guys are so cute!
love your pics.
my family does the matching pajama thing too...it's a fun tradition!
happy new year!

Melissa (January 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM)  

Your Christmas sounds absolutely PERFECT! Thanks for sharing all of that with us!

The pictures are great and I love that you added carrots in with the snowman. SO cute.

Carol (January 10, 2011 at 3:42 AM)  

Gorgeous photos. Looks like you and your family had a lovely festive period. Thank you so much for taking the time to post on my blog.

Carol x
www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

Isabel (January 10, 2011 at 7:02 PM)  

your daughter is adorable! i love your blog and im following you now :)

Unknown (January 13, 2011 at 5:47 AM)  

I'm loving your matching PJs. TOO CUTE! And your daughter in that cot. That sound was my heart stopping a beat. She's so GORGEOUS! x

Post a Comment