Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Mommy & Me Christmas Look

On Mommy: J.Crew sequin skirt, shirt and sweatshirt, Linea Pelle belt, Aldo boots
On A: hilarious holiday dress and too large coat! Had to put the dress on her sometime!

Wore this to Christmas service at Church. A and the other little kiddies performed 2 songs. It was all very cute until A decided to lift up her dress and flash everyone mid-Jingle Bells. I know all too well what it's like to freeze on stage...

Flashback: The year was 1994. I was 13 years old. I had made the cut for the school talent show and was excited to sing my grown up song (Again by Janet Jackson). A few days before the show, I was told I couldn't do "Again" because the lyrics were too mature. I was given "My Favorite Things" (The Sound of Music) to sing. Then, my mom insisted I wear a frilly, pouffy dress. I felt awful backstage. It was social suicide singing such a wholesome song in such a babyish dress but what I could I do? I walked onto stage and my eyes locked with the popular girls (2 in particular) who had auditioned for the show and not made it. They were sitting there, front row, arms crossed with a "show us what you got" look in their eyes. The piano started playing...

"raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..

My eyes went wide, I had no idea what came next! For the next 2 minutes, I stood up there in my white, pouffy dress trying desperately to read my music teacher's lips. Once in awhile, I would get in a word..

"...packages...strings!...these are a few of my favorite things.....dresses....."

I ran backstage once the music stopped and cried for hours. That night, I begged and begged for my parents to let me transfer schools. But, I somehow made it back to school and survived the experience.

Do you have any super embarrassing stories to share? I'd love to hear!!

Anna Walker (January 2, 2011 at 11:27 PM)  

UHM I don't know. I get embarrassed easily so there are probably many events!!
I love your outfit, and your daughters coat is just lovely!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Kileen (January 2, 2011 at 11:42 PM)  

aww, your daughter is so cute and while i'm sure she was embarrased by the incident, it'll pass. :)

and i love your sequined skirt!

cuteandlittle.com

Anonymous –  (January 3, 2011 at 8:04 AM)  

You both look amazing !.......and OMG i have a similar story about being embarassed on stage.....when i was 10 or so about 1993 i think .....i was so nervous to being in our schools show and I had a solo and as soon as I stepped up my brother who was a year older in the front row yells "YOU SUCK" so loud...i was so embarassed i ran off stage as my mother was beating the crap out of him ....LOL

Megan @ BeautyandtheBanker (January 3, 2011 at 8:34 AM)  

Once again, I love your outfit! And your little girl is absolutely adorable.

LeRae (January 3, 2011 at 8:49 AM)  

your baby is such a cutie~ I love her bigtails~~
You look great as always! hope you had a great holidays.

stephanie (January 3, 2011 at 8:53 AM)  

I love your skirt! And one time in a church play my dress {which was haphazardly safety-pinned} popped and the top fell down to my waist. Horrific to a very shy 13 year old :)

Tales of a young mamma (January 3, 2011 at 9:36 AM)  

1 you are both adorable 2-- my heart goes out for 13 year old you! How horrible!! Glad you survived it :)

christiana (January 3, 2011 at 1:28 PM)  

lol this is such a jiye story!

Tabitha (January 3, 2011 at 1:40 PM)  

Awe! What a memory...I can't recall embarassing stories like that but then again I embarrass myself a lot on a daily basis so maybe I just stopped noticing.

I love your matching outfit. So cute!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons (January 3, 2011 at 2:00 PM)  

Most stylish mother/daughter ever =) I love both looks... especially that gorgeous read coat A has one -- shes too stinkin' cute!

as for embarrassing stories... it's safe to say my life is one giant embarrassing story! haha! good thing I like laughing <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

TheBabyMammaChronicles (January 3, 2011 at 3:12 PM)  

Very cute. What a horrible story! I would have been crying too. But, I guess, as they say, the embarassing moments help make us who we are today, right? One of the things that was most embarassing for me was when I was in college I had to have a big old jaw/mouth surgery which required TONS of metal. Think braces were bad when everyone has them in middle school? Nope, college, when no one has them AND you have extra metal gadgets in your mouth to talk around too. Ugh!

potpiedumonde (January 3, 2011 at 4:00 PM)  

Happy new year! I have been a huge fan of your blog for quite some time- you and your daughter are really stylish and I love your entries! Thanks for sharing with everyone :)

Unknown (January 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM)  

nothing too embarrassing, but perhaps I'm blocking it out... :) (most likely). you are your daughter are TOO cute. I can't wait to have a little girl and pass down my goodies to her!

xx

SewPetiteGal (January 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM)  

LOVE the outfit! As always, you and your daughter look fabulous! :)

Mina (January 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM)  

oh how beautiful u both look. perfect for the holiday season.
xoxo
mina

dr.mommy (January 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM)  

i missed A's dress peep show! haha. and i think i erased all the embarfassing moments from my brain. or they're too embarrassing to share! ha. btw, is the skirt from jcrew? almost bought one at kenosha. looks good on u! :)

riye (pronounced ria) –  (January 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM)  

funny story. and i think you have a great voice.

Anonymous –  (January 3, 2011 at 10:39 PM)  

Thanks for stopping by today! I love to find other Mommy fashion bloggers! And you're a singer, to boot (like me!). I've had many, many unnerving stage experiences. Some were so bad, that at 26, I can hardly sing karaoke. It's sad, really! I'm your newest follower, and once again, thanks for making it over to my little blog!

PearlsAndGreenTea (January 3, 2011 at 10:40 PM)  

Erica and Stephanie: Your stories are hilarious!! I feel for you both!

Dr. Mommy: Yeah, from J.Crew! I had them strip it off the mannequin for me. It was a steal on sale with additional 30% off! Yay! How much was it at the outlets?

Riye (aka hubbie!): hahahahaha

Kayta (January 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM)  

Oh my, you're little girl is a doll! Absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too by the way - the no chocolate rule is still going strong!

Post a Comment