Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Feeling discouraged...

It's been about 5 months since I decided to take this blog seriously and by that, I mean posting 5 days a week. It's been so much fun getting to know you all and I'm still in disbelief everyday that people seem to enjoy reading this! You like me...you really really like me! :) Yes, I'm a middle child and need affirmation! :)

But, I have to confess that recently, I've been struggling to keep up with the blogging and have contemplated many times giving this site up altogether. I've come across so many incredible fashion bloggers and they leave me feeling inspired, but also inadequate. Does anyone else feel this way?

Anywhoo, I've decided to scale back to posting 3 days a week. Hope you'll continue to support me and this lil blog!

Melissa (January 21, 2011 at 5:48 AM)  

I feel EXACTLY the same way, so often. I've wondered many times if it's worth it for me to keep up the blog but then I think about the comments that are so very encouraging and uplifting, and I think about the relationships that I've formed and the ones that I might miss out on in the future if I didn't keep blogging.

So I keep blogging. And I'm glad you're going to keep blogging too. Real life is more important so if you have to scale back to 3 days, then do it. :)

Ella Pretty Blog (January 21, 2011 at 8:10 AM)  

Don't feel discouraged! The reason you are so popular is that there is something about your blog that sets it apart :-)I really look forward to your posts.

I think the best blogs come from the heart - so don't be discouraged by comparing it to other blogs out there - just post what you like, when you like.

N –  (January 21, 2011 at 8:13 AM)  

I know what you mean, I resumed my blog late last year and couldn't keep it running for more than 3 months, day to day living and responsibilities kind of took over.

About your blog, I'm an avid reader, I so look forward to reading it every morning. I enjoy your taste in fashion and home decor, your blog inspires me to try different things in those arenas. I hope you never completely give up on blogging, you're a natural at it unlike some of us :)
Somnaturally to you unlike me.

PearlsAndGreenTea (January 21, 2011 at 8:14 AM)  

Melissa: SO nice to know other people are feeling this way too and you're right. Real life is way more important! :)

Ella: Thanks sooo much...I feel affirmed! :)

Ania (January 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM)  

U have a gorgeous daughter!
She is so lovely! ^^

STYLE'N (January 21, 2011 at 8:32 AM)  

I totally understand what you are saying. I also work full time and have a 3 year old. I feel like some days I am more inspired than others. But I think it's ok...whether you post 3 or 5 days...as long as it's fun and you enjoy it : )
naina

Roxy Te (January 21, 2011 at 9:00 AM)  

aww Jiye! Don't be discouraged! You started blogging after all because you were inspired and it made you happy! Let it continue to do so regardless of your posts per week! You have smashing style lady ..don't doubt yourself! Happy Weekend to you and your adore fam :)

Closet Fashionista (January 21, 2011 at 9:04 AM)  

If you enjoy blogging don't worry what others are doing it, just do it because you love it! :D That's my way of thinking. Do it for you, and people will enjoy it :)
So don't give up! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

N (January 21, 2011 at 9:11 AM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous –  (January 21, 2011 at 9:28 AM)  

Hi Jiye, i'm the first time posting!! I also look forward to reading your blog everyday. You have such a beautiful family!! I love your sense of fashion! i mean how can you keep up with everything being a full time mom for an energetic, lovely daughter?! i also have a 1.5 yo! i don't have time for anything!! so no matter how many times you're posting/week, i will still be a loyal follower!

Sharon

A (January 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM)  

Please be encouraged!! I enjoy the different things you write about. About Audrey, fashion, food, whatever it is. Blogging is something for yourself. Write when you can, but don't feel inadequate. I stay home with two kids (7 and 4). I know how things can get time-wise.

coolkids (January 21, 2011 at 9:56 AM)  

I totally understand! I work fulltime, have two kids and blog. I see other blogs that I could compare myself too but then I have to stop myself...and remind myself why I blog. Its for fun and a creative outlet. I have to be happy with that.:) It is hard to do it all! I enjoy your blog.

Truly Smitten (January 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM)  

Hey Jiye,
every serious blogger goes through this feeling...but the key is to push through it...you've already accomplished such a vast following and you should do it more for yourself because you enjoy it. Don't feel that way! Your blog is awesome and many readers (including myself) will be sad if you stopped! So keep on truckin' girlfriend! =)

Couture and Crayons (January 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM)  

Totally understand where you are coming from. The blogosphere can be a double edge sword. On one hand there is so much inspiration out there and on the other hand so much temptation, which can be dangerous and discouraging.

Part of the reason I started my blog was for a creative outlet. As you know hanging out with a toddler can get lonely sometimes even though you are technically never alone. It is uplifting to feel that there are people out there who are interested in your day to day life, almost therapeutic.

I've felt the way you have. My feelings partly comes from the realization of my new normal with child (even 3 years later). I see other young bloggers getting to pursue things that I know can never be for my life as a mom. I stopped visiting those blogs for a little bit until I was in a better head space. Now I can look to these blogs for inspiration without feeling animosity.

It is hard work to keep up a blog as fab as yours. We understand if you need to cut back, we'll be here waiting on Google Reader. =) Keep sight of what's important and that will always be your family and that adorable daughter of yours.

Janice (Couture and Crayons)

C (January 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM)  

Blogging should be fun, but I mainly blog for myself and my readers second (is that bad to admit?) I never feel like I need to post X amount of times per month, because sometimes things sound so forced otherwise. Maybe you're just feeling a bit burned out? Take some time away and we'll still be here when you come back! :)

Anonymous –  (January 21, 2011 at 12:53 PM)  

Jiye! Your my guilty pleasure..okay, actually I don't feel guilty reading your blog but I think I like to live vicariously through it! hehe..I am horrible at commenting all the time, but trust me- I absolutely LOVE reading your blog.

It's refreshing, fun, and you always ask good questions at the end. Sometimes I sit and think about your question for a long time. haha!

Keep blogging. It's so much fun. I wish I could do this- I'm just too lazy and not as fashionable to do this.

Plus, you give good tips and useful information. Fighting!

-Herie-

Amy Nielson (January 21, 2011 at 1:52 PM)  

ummm, YES. ::raises hand:: i feel this way. i come across so many amazing blogs & feel super inspired & then blah about my own. i just try to "just do me." also, i have limited myself to when i can blog & beyond that i won't sweat it if i don't get anything done. this includes naptime & after everyone goes to bed. but never later than midnight. good for you for scaling back, this is meant to be fun, not a stress!

Ella Pretty Blog (January 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM)  

Hope you're feeling better now :-)

By the way - I tagged you for a blog award:

http://ellaprettyblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/blogger-award-7-things-about-me.html

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders (January 21, 2011 at 4:47 PM)  

We all set goals that needs reassessed once in a while. Don't be discouraged! I have always enjoyed your blog - fashion posts or just personal stories. Keep up the good work at, of course, your own pace!

Anonymous –  (January 21, 2011 at 5:29 PM)  

Hey! First time posting. I don't have a blog, but I really enjoy reading yours. My daughter is just a few months older than yours.
Don't get discouraged by feeling "inadequate." That is a superficial way to look at this blog. =)
This is YOUR blog. And it's YOUR life you have to live. Don't worry what everyone else is doing... just live your life, and share it with the rest of us if you enjoy that! Don't think about the others. If you compare yourself all the time, you won't ever be content.
Good luck!
Please keep posting! :)

christiana (January 21, 2011 at 5:31 PM)  

Jiye! i go to your blog before my perez and people.com! keep em coming please and i love to see my beautiful chingoo with her beautiful daughter on a daily basis!

kimmie (January 21, 2011 at 5:35 PM)  

3 days a week is perfectly fine, as long as you don't stop blogging!! :) Don't overwork yourself and stress yourself out over the blog!

Anonymous –  (January 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM)  

Blogging should always be fun.

I'm not a regular blogger but I wish I was. It's amazing you were even able to do 5 posts per week.

So long as you are enjoying yourself, do as many as you like!

DD (January 21, 2011 at 9:07 PM)  

jiye love you and your blog- will keep checking regardless of how many times you update!! :)

style fare (January 21, 2011 at 9:32 PM)  

jiye, be strong! i know you enjoy blogging - it comes with its ups and downs (trust me), but ultimately the reward is worth it. we love reading your posts, please give us something to come back to! :)

Anonymous –  (January 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM)  

This gig IS tiring sometimes, and it's awesome and inspiring, but it's intimidating and trying, too. WE UNDERSTAND. Trust me. Trust all of us.

This blog is for you. It started as your thing and should always be your thing. We (and you) should never expect anything else!

Justine (January 22, 2011 at 1:38 AM)  

Jiye there is absolutely not need for a schedule to post. Post whenever you like and we will be here to read what you have to say.

Sometimes I wonder the same thing. How do people blog everyday (almost). I'm a full time student and there will be no way I will be able to post daily or every other day.

We just take a easy and remember to just live our lives.

xoxoxo,
Justine

D e g a i n e (January 22, 2011 at 9:18 AM)  

I have to agree. I think every blogger has at one point in time contemplated doing the same, however, what is the point of a blog? Its somewhere to post your inspirations, hobbies, passions and whatever else, there's nothing obliging you to post 5 days a week. A blog is yours and you make what you want out of it, if your readers are yours, they'll come back regardless of how many times you post :)


d e g a i n e

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Kileen (January 22, 2011 at 1:51 PM)  

I love reading your blog but will still come back even if you're just posting 3x a week. I realize that other obligations always come along and wish you the best of luck!

Pam (January 23, 2011 at 3:51 AM)  

I hope you don't give up I enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you wear. I know how hard it can be when you see blogs with a thousand followers and they get 300 comments but then I think, I like to be able to read all my comments and still have time to sleep and eat, so having a smaller number would be better.

Carol (January 23, 2011 at 4:52 AM)  

3 days a week is more than enough and a lot of bloggers who post more than that have a very different lifestyle! I love reading your blog and you do less posts is not going to change that - enjoy your extra free time.

Carol x
www.mystylisms.blogspot.com

Riviera Brides (January 23, 2011 at 6:38 AM)  

I feel like that all the time. Just found your blog, I LOVE it. I'm following you now. Talk soon and chin up in the meanwhile http://wedding-planner-costa-azzurra.blogspot.com/

Gee (January 23, 2011 at 3:59 PM)  

i always look forward to your site, 3-5 dont stop blogging, unless it becomes stressful. I my not leave comments, but i do read and visit your blog all the time! :D

Pauline –  (January 24, 2011 at 6:37 AM)  

I think you have a natural gift you should stick with! I read a lot of blogs - yours is a fun and relatable read!

Julie (January 31, 2011 at 2:10 AM)  

never give up blogging.never give up showing your style.it might chance someone's life,way of dressing or passion.never give up showing your art.this world needs it.

http://julieswonderland.blogspot.com/

Shop Sweet Things with Jeanne (February 1, 2011 at 5:12 PM)  

Hi Jiye, I just had a chance to catch up on all the blogs I'm following (you being one of them)... and I must applaud you for being so brave for confessing your feelings.

I was on the fence of starting my own blog... after seeing so many good bloggers out there... i was inspired and intimidated at the same time. Having a baby def doesn't make it easier.

I think you're making a good decision on what's important to you!

Post a Comment