Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Look: Mommy & Me Classic Look

On Mommy: Aritzia striped tank, Gap blazer, J Brand jeans, Pour La Victoire boots, scarf (boutique in Santorini, Greece), Louis Vuitton handbag  
On A: Burberry jacket (it was a gift!), Old Navy tights and shoes

A and I met up with my girlfriends for some shopping. Then, we took A for a stroll around the American Girl store. I was blown away. The place has a full service hair salon (yes, for the dolls!), a hospital, a clothing boutique, and the list goes on. It was all very expensive ($20 for your doll to get her hair braided!) and over the top but I couldn't help but think I would've loved this as a child. A is still a little young but I have a feeling I'm gonna get suckered into the whole thing. Would you take your daughter?

Anonymous –  (January 11, 2011 at 6:12 AM)  

Cute outfits!

Pam @ over50feeling40 (January 11, 2011 at 6:40 AM)  

You girls are so cute I just can't stand it!!! PRECIOUS...makes me miss those days so much...cherish every minute! It goes too fast...

Roxy Te (January 11, 2011 at 6:52 AM)  

My mom took my little sister and they had a blast! Do it!

Fashion Mom (January 11, 2011 at 7:30 AM)  

i looooove that classic look, you both looks so pretty x

www.thefashionmom.com

stephanie (January 11, 2011 at 8:07 AM)  

Oh I will definitely get suckered into it. It's so cute! And I know my little one will love it in another 2 years :)

Unknown (January 11, 2011 at 9:56 AM)  

OH TOTALLY! my girls would die!!!! but i would bring granny along.... ;) she would have tons of fun spoiling them there! (plus i would love playing there myself!)

~selina

Drew (January 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM)  

I LOVED my American Girl doll (Samantha) and would have died if those stores had existed when I was younger.

Kileen (January 11, 2011 at 10:06 AM)  

awww, you and your daughter are so cute! we just opened up an American Girl store here in Dallas too and i can definitely see it as something I would spoil my nieces into doing on their birthday or something. :)

cute and little
come join the Color Brigade!

temi –  (January 11, 2011 at 10:27 AM)  

It wasn't so much the doll, but all the clothes and accessories that I wanted when I was younger. It's amazing what they come out with. I think you should totally give in!! It would be a perfect bday present! All her aunties and uncles could spoil her with the accessories. =)

jenn from midlife modern (January 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM)  

Wow--you and your daughter are like the real-life version of mommy & daughter dolls! You're both too adorable for words.

Kelly (January 11, 2011 at 10:59 AM)  

That store is unbelievable!! If I have a girl one day I just know I will be going there!

Abby (January 11, 2011 at 11:20 AM)  

So cute! I know that when I was little I would have thought it was the best thing ever.

Melissa (January 11, 2011 at 12:47 PM)  

I would take my daughter to the Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique to get her all dolled up, but not sure I'd do it for her doll. I'd have loved it as a child though! Eh...maybe I would do it for her doll. I'm a sucker sometimes. :)

The picture of the two of you is WAY cute! I love the pattern mixing with the shirt and scarf that you're doing.

Anonymous –  (January 11, 2011 at 12:49 PM)  

She is a cutie!! You both looked adorable!!

Justine (January 11, 2011 at 12:50 PM)  

These are so cute.

Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

coolkids (January 11, 2011 at 1:10 PM)  

I love AGP! My daughter and I have lunched there a few times and is so much fun!

foxes & flamingos (January 11, 2011 at 1:58 PM)  

i am on the fence about american girl... stella has a bitty baby but really is not into it yet and she is 3- the recommended age for the doll. we will have to see. I have several nieces that think its the best thing ever and have been there with them a few times. we will just have to wait and see what this year brings.
BTW, today was my very last post at kuws. I am going to take the year off (aside from guest posts here and there) next year I will launch Stellbelle & Rubylou- the spin off. I did mention your site as a must read in my departure. you can check it out here:
http://keepingupwithstella.blogspot.com/2011/01/keeping-up-with-stellas-last-hurrah.html

christiana (January 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM)  

love your outfit!! so classic and you!

LeRae (January 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM)  

you girls are always so cute!!!
The joy of having a girl~~~ ^ ^

Anonymous –  (January 11, 2011 at 8:13 PM)  

My 28 year old best friend dragged me to American Girl when we were in Chicago because her mom collects them. I thought it was strange, especially for an adult!

I'm not a fan of the "princess" culture, so I'm not a huge fan of the store.

Your little girl looks adorable :)

Truly Smitten (January 11, 2011 at 9:12 PM)  

Nick and I went in here to buy a gift and we were both freakin' overwhelmed...

Chris (January 11, 2011 at 10:25 PM)  

Awesome! I love your choice of clothes! Your daughter is so cute. Well, my little girl is so obsessed with dolls, especially American girl dolls. Clothes and accessories of her dolls vary, depending on the kind of doll and the size. But, it is usually in pink and two-piece suit. Also, she received American girl doll clothes as gifts from her Dad last Christmas. She was so happy. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown (January 13, 2011 at 5:45 AM)  

You both look gorgeous (as always)! xx

Ariane (April 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM)  

You girls are so beautiful!

When I see American Girl stuff, I feel like I really missed out as a kid. Totally right up my alley!

Post a Comment